New walkthrough wish list

questions/announcements

Moderators: mugs, QRS, Tinka

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

New walkthrough wish list

Post by Dutchy » 28 Nov 2008 12:07

It might get a bit confusing with this new walkthrough wish list, I see there are levels mentioned that aren't yet "2 weeks old" and also ones for which walkthroughs are already in the process of writing.

For instance Town of the Doomed is there but I sent the walk to Phil yesterday.
I'm now doing the Gold of the Aztecs walk and that is also in there.

Maybe it would be better to only put a level in there if no walk is provided for say 4 weeks after release?

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 28 Nov 2008 12:26

Andre,

the walkthrough wishlist is not "new" at all. It has been there for years, sitting as a link in a sticky post in the walkthrough forum. It may just not have been used much and as Yoav had pointed out to me that the link was broken (due to the site redesign), I had fixed it and he now made José (and apparently others) aware of the link again... :wink:

This wishlist simply follows the database of the site. As long as the walkthrough is not added to the database it shows on the wishlist. The wishlist is automated and would obviously not know whether somebody wants to start, has started or even has completed the work on a walkthrough. Only when Tinka moves the walkthrough over, creates the webpages and updates the database, it disappears from that list, so you will all need to continue to manage this via the thread in the walkthrough forum, as you do today :)

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 28 Nov 2008 17:30

MichaelP wrote: This wishlist simply follows the database of the site. As long as the walkthrough is not added to the database it shows on the wishlist. The wishlist is automated and would obviously not know whether somebody wants to start, has started or even has completed the work on a walkthrough.
Yep, already thought you might have automated it.. Ok nothing to be done about it then.
Let's hope people check the pending walk thread then to save double work 8)

Magnus
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Magnus » 28 Nov 2008 18:06

Wouldn't it be really simple to add a note on the wishlist page about how people should check the thread before starting work on a walkthrough? :thinking:

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 28 Nov 2008 19:00

Yes it would.... so I guess I might do that shortly...