Spam email received that claims to have found my addy here..

questions/announcements

Moderators: mugs, QRS, Tinka

oxy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by oxy » 02 Jun 2008 08:43

Hello Amber Light :hello:

So the spam letters are from trle.net then? I also got that mail from sofia, I never open those mails, they are not worth to see. :smiley:
"You learn something every day."

Solange

Post by Solange » 07 Jun 2008 09:46

MichaelP wrote:*sigh* yeah, well, always coming in waves these things. I have not changed my own email address since mprager.de went online many, many years ago and yes, I also have gotten all variations of SPAM including the latest one from our friendly Sofia... and while being a nuisance, no real harm has come from it...

...but still... despite the fact that it is of course a bit pointless to now change all the email addresses to graphics instead of text you can click on (as whatever bots are out there have read them already anyway), I will get on with it in the coming weeks and take out all the mail addresses in the Reviewer profiles from the database tonight...
Thank you so much for your hard work, MichaelP! :) I appreciate it very much!

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 08 Jun 2008 18:38

Yes, hard work. But I believe it is useless because those people will find a different method to get the email address. They will always find a different way, equal if email addresses are encrypted or text or graphics or whatever people do to prevent spam.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 06 Sep 2008 22:48

Hi Solange !!!

I get the same stuff too...

One clue is that I never coorespond at work, with anyone outside work.

One day, I got an email at work from a friend who must've guessed my email address.

I deleted it, and told her personally to write me at home, not at work, but still, within a few weeks, I was getting SPAM. etc, so it's very pervasive...