TRLE main site?

questions/announcements

Moderators: QRS, mugs, Tinka

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: TRLE main site?

Post by MichaelP » 20 Sep 2017 08:06

seems to be a few new attempts and not much time on my end to investigate these days, so whenever it happens I restart the server so it works again for a while...

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 20 Sep 2017 22:38

Freaking busters! These people destroy all the best on the web. Really...
"I waved to my neighbour/My neighbour waved to me/But my neighbour/Is my enemy/I kept waving my arms/Till I could not see/Under fifteen feet of pure white snow"

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 23 Sep 2017 07:14

MichaelP wrote:
20 Sep 2017 08:06
seems to be a few new attempts and not much time on my end to investigate these days, so whenever it happens I restart the server so it works again for a while...
In light of this awful repetition I would personally urge members to spend time refreshing the download area and downloading a handful of established levels one at a time plus e-mailing themselves the walkthroughs where available. Many good level walkthroughs are also available via YouTube uploaders :)

That way, when the site is down, you'll still have plenty to play in the interim. I understand that some members will have played every level out there so it could be frustrating for them if the latest level doesn't yet have a walkthrough and they are dependent on the stuck thread here on TR:LE.

I can only assume that some disgruntled ex-member or some rival site is attempting to disrupt TR:LE and if the latter is so, it's not a site I will be joining or visiting any time soon.

We appreciate your efforts, Michael, in getting things running again so promptly each time you are compromised. I adore this site and since Mugs sadly passed away I made it my aim to inject more posts into the Chat area because Pat was such a lovely and friendly lady who is evidently sorely missed. Don't let the haters take control. You have a core number of loyal contributors and we are going nowhere :2thumbsup:

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 23 Sep 2017 18:01

High Priestess wrote:
23 Sep 2017 07:14
MichaelP wrote:
20 Sep 2017 08:06
In light of this awful repetition I would personally urge members to spend time refreshing the download area and downloading a handful of established levels one at a time plus e-mailing themselves the walkthroughs where available. Many good level walkthroughs are also available via YouTube uploaders :)

That way, when the site is down, you'll still have plenty to play in the interim. I understand that some members will have played every level out there so it could be frustrating for them if the latest level doesn't yet have a walkthrough and they are dependent on the stuck thread here on TR:LE.

I can only assume that some disgruntled ex-member or some rival site is attempting to disrupt TR:LE and if the latter is so, it's not a site I will be joining or visiting any time soon.

We appreciate your efforts, Michael, in getting things running again so promptly each time you are compromised. I adore this site and since Mugs sadly passed away I made it my aim to inject more posts into the Chat area because Pat was such a lovely and friendly lady who is evidently sorely missed. Don't let the haters take control. You have a core number of loyal contributors and we are going nowhere :2thumbsup:

:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: