Is there a problem with the site?

questions/announcements

Moderators: QRS, mugs, Tinka

mugs
Admin
Admin

Re: Is there a problem with the site?

Post by mugs » 04 Jan 2009 23:59

beautiful job, Michael ! I know the community is so glad to have the place operating at full speed again. once we have had a chance to acquaint ourselves with the new look we'll check and see what things need to be added, if any.
Of doggie candle fame!

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 05 Jan 2009 00:10

Thanks - please be patient when you find the occasional glitches. I am surprised how the upgrading went comparatively smoothly within only a few hours and I would not yet declare success on the speed issue. We will have to watch and see how it goes in the coming days....

Moonpooka
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Moonpooka » 05 Jan 2009 00:18

It's all working well for me.. :) Thank you Boss :2thumbsup:

Learning a new board.. :anxious: i hope i don't need a manual :lol:
We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 05 Jan 2009 12:50

Why didn't anyone tell me the site was changing and the slow motion was caused by that... :roll: It would have stopped me from complaining. :2thumbsup:

Totally different this one, didn't know what I was looking at this morning :baby:

Thanks for a good job done... :2thumbsup:
:bandana:

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 05 Jan 2009 13:22

One problem with this new site is that I have to log in again on each visit, even though I check the remember me checkbox. :?
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

TC 14
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by TC 14 » 05 Jan 2009 13:52

Same problem as Bedazzled. :|

Otherwise it looks great, though I'm having troubles getting all my marks again, but this happens every time a website changes layout. :wink:

Oh, and I'm sooooo happy the smiley appears where you clicked in the text and not at the end of the message... :D

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 05 Jan 2009 14:08

I was going to post the same condition addressed by Bedazzled and TC14, so at least we know this is a problem experienced at the moment by many (if not all).

Horus
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Horus » 05 Jan 2009 14:09

I'm happy the forum is working faster now. However I find it very hard to get used to these forum styles :rolleyes4:. How about a design fitting the main trle.net site? :innocent:
I'd even do that myself but I doubt the admins would let me run riot there :laugh4:

btw, what's that save button for (while posting a message)?

Nadine

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 05 Jan 2009 15:11

The 'having to log in each time you visit' issue is known and indeed impacts everybody... I hope to find out why that is and solve it in due time...

As for styles - yes, I did NOT spend any real time on styles yet, as I was happy enough to get the new Board to run. :wink: So, right now we have the standard one that came with the install (prosilver) and the light green one (eTech) that I found on the web and thought it is at least sort of close to the previous trle.net one. So, Nadine (or anybody else) - I am happy to send you the eTech files and you can 'run riot' to adjust it to the previous trle.net one.

About that save button - no clue... I am learning the new features of this Board alongside with you all :lol:

Moonpooka
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Moonpooka » 05 Jan 2009 15:44

FAQ - What is the “Save” button for in topic posting?
This allows you to save passages to be completed and submitted at a later date. To reload a saved passage, visit the User Control Panel.

:)

FAQ - » Why do I get logged off automatically?
If you do not check the Log me in automatically box when you login, the board will only keep you logged in for a preset time. This prevents misuse of your account by anyone else. To stay logged in, check the box during login. This is not recommended if you access the board from a shared computer, e.g. library, internet cafe, university computer lab, etc. If you do not see this checkbox, it means the board administrator has disabled this feature.

Well we do see the check box, but maybe you have configure something in that auto log in feature, Michael?

I tried snork's suggestion and deleted all cookies, made a new bookmark etc.. but still get logged out.. :wacky:
We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 05 Jan 2009 15:47

hehe, my first impressions were "fast" and "ugly".
But now I do not find it so ugly anymore, maybe it needs just a little getting used to. (but the orange writing when a forum contains new posts, that is really ugly. Index page)
---------------------
Val, sorry to hear that. No more Ahmed Avatar ?
----------------
This new "new message while you were writing" feature is so elegant. :2thumbsup:
At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this.
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 05 Jan 2009 15:56

"At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this."

Very cool....I don't think I've seen this feature before.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 05 Jan 2009 16:18

There's something else we'll need to get used to. When adding your own tags, note that the values for font sizes are different. For example, what used to be size=20 is now size=167, etc.

beachnutt

Post by beachnutt » 06 Jan 2009 06:10

I have the same problem, but in addition, after I've written a response, I have to log in again and what I typed in my response disappears!
Here we go again, it is disappearing :beadyeyes:

Hey! It worked this time!
Go on! Dance like nobody is watching!

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 06 Jan 2009 12:59

I'm missing the Message Options below the "post a reply" field. In the walkthrough section
I mean these options>
Options:
BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Disable BBCode
Disable smilies
Do not automatically parse URLs
Attach a signature (signatures can be altered via the UCP)

I always test my coded walks there and that wasn't possible today because the BBCode is OFF :beatnik: