Is there a problem with the site?

questions/announcements

Moderators: mugs, QRS, Tinka

bedazzled

Re: Is there a problem with the site?

Post by bedazzled » 08 Jan 2009 10:58

:2thumbsup: The constant need to log in problem seems to have been solved now. :)
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 08 Jan 2009 13:30

Yessir, no problems with that too :bandana:

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 08 Jan 2009 14:03

No problem here but I have been on holiday. Seems like that the problem got fixed before I logged in for the first time after my Christmas holidays. Today I`ve looked at some new features and I must say that they are very useful. Added some members to my friends list(mainly players) so that I don`t miss usefull posts in stuck threads. Thanks to Tinka and everyone else who did install the new forum and the features. Tinka now deserves a break and should use her sparetime to play a few custom levels. 8)
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 08 Jan 2009 20:07

bedazzled wrote::2thumbsup: The constant need to log in problem seems to have been solved now. :)
Not for me it hasn't :(

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 08 Jan 2009 21:17

hmm, all I can think of then is that you are still stuck with an old (wrong) cookie from before the issue was resolved in the forum settings. Try again to delete cookies and cache on your PC and then login fresh. It should really be working without a hitch now....

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 08 Jan 2009 21:51

MichaelP wrote:hmm, all I can think of then is that you are still stuck with an old (wrong) cookie from before the issue was resolved in the forum settings. Try again to delete cookies and cache on your PC and then login fresh. It should really be working without a hitch now....
I deleted cookies in IE6 but not cache, not sure where that is (am more familiar with firefox) - deleted board cookies too and still don't stay logged in.

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 08 Jan 2009 22:06

hmm, cache = temporary internet files and in IE6 it is the button just right of the cookies: Go to Menu: Tools + Internet Options and in the middle section click both buttons 'Delete Cookies' and 'Delete Files'

If that does not fix it for you, then I am really out of ideas. Obviously I do assume that you actually tick the box that says 'Log me on automatically each visit' when you login, right?

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 08 Jan 2009 22:37

MichaelP wrote:hmm, cache = temporary internet files and in IE6 it is the button just right of the cookies: Go to Menu: Tools + Internet Options and in the middle section click both buttons 'Delete Cookies' and 'Delete Files'
...and here I was looking for something saying "cache" :wink: have deleted all files there now but still not staying logged in.

MichaelP wrote:Obviously I do assume that you actually tick the box that says 'Log me on automatically each visit' when you login, right?
Obviously :wink:

Unfortunately, it doesn't stay ticked so I have to log in again (and tick box again in the hope I stay logged in next time I visit, but I never do)

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 08 Jan 2009 23:35

*sigh* sorry - then I am really out of ideas, as I cannot replicate the problem at my end. The only thought that occurs to me is that you may have your browser set up (intentionally or not) to actually not allow cookies to be created (?). In this case it would indeed not work to stay logged on, but I am not entirely sure how to check that - somewhere in the security settings? Maybe somebody else here knows?

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 09 Jan 2009 00:14

Clearing the cache and cookies meant I had to re-log in to other sites and tick the "remember me" button there too - all of those work - they remember me when I come back so I don't need to re-log in, except this one.

I had the same problem at home with my firefox browser - I wasn't remembered there either. I can try clearing cache and cookies there but I've got a feeling that won't help as I'm remembered for all sites using that browser except this one.

I wonder if the issue is my profile?
I have never "keep me logged in" at this site before - ever. As I would only log in if I wanted to reply to a post and could do so using the quote/reply button. Unfortunately, I can't log-in using the quote button as this upgrade doesn't feature it.

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 09 Jan 2009 02:08

Can you please tell me what settings you have for your cookies? Check in the internet settings for your browser (translating them from Swedish, so the correct name is probably something else but with a similar meaning!):

Internet alternative -> secrecy

Try the bar in different settings. Start from lowest settings and if it works, try a higher one etc.
I have mine at the lowest settings right now.
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 09 Jan 2009 02:15

Which internet settings am I checking? I only have "delete cookies" button in "internet options". I use IE6 at work and am not familiar with IE as I use Firefox at home.

I don't understand any of that sorry :dunno:

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 09 Jan 2009 04:13

Rats! I don't have firefox installed right now. Gives me a reason to install it though. Will do that tomorrow and check the settings and get back to you.
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 09 Jan 2009 06:42

I think you misunderstand me, I know where cache etc. is on Firefox - have cleared it and still am kicked each time I leave the site.
It's IE that I don't know much about - it's what I use at work, IE6.

Firefox cookie settings is: accept cookies from sites until they expire.
Same as with IE6 at work, firefox remembers to remain logged in at every other site I'm registered at, except this one.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 09 Jan 2009 08:34

Jenni wrote: I use IE6 at work and am not familiar with IE as I use Firefox at home.
So you log in to the forum from 2 different PC's? Then that might be the problem of having to log in every time. Having the same at Skribblerz when I go there from the other PC