to administration

questions/announcements

Moderators: QRS, mugs, Tinka

TombTitan

Re: to administration

Post by TombTitan » 13 May 2018 10:37

Hopefully this will work. Check your server with respect to users posting PMs and forum posts. The website crashed 3 times in the last 2 days while I was doing exactly trying to send you this post. And perhaps partly because of using the preview feature which I am not using now. Good luck.

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 13 May 2018 11:42

I keep getting a mySQL error when clicking on the "Board index" link. Nothing big, but it just takes longer as then I have to visit the main trle.net page and then go on to the forum link from there.

EDIT: It seems OK now for the time being.

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 13 May 2018 12:29

It appears that it is maybe a Hardware Problem or a lose cable Connection. If a hardware problem, they will of course change the physical server for me, but that does mean I will have to setup the whole site again from the backup (that I am currently creating - slowly - step by step when the server is up for a while ...) :(

So - please be warned already that what you post as of now (here in the forum and also Reviews) may get lost along the way, so keep a copy for yourself for later if possible

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 22 May 2018 10:59

I hope nothing that drastic happens... :-o

Anyway, in the Search in the Lost Temple review, when I typed "True that I didn't like at least a one person view room" I actually meant "third person view room". If that could be corrected sometime, I'd appreciate. Thanks. :)
"I waved to my neighbour/My neighbour waved to me/But my neighbour/Is my enemy/I kept waving my arms/Till I could not see/Under fifteen feet of pure white snow"

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 31 May 2018 09:18

I think what I actually meant, looking at it now, was fixed cameras. Sorry.
"I waved to my neighbour/My neighbour waved to me/But my neighbour/Is my enemy/I kept waving my arms/Till I could not see/Under fifteen feet of pure white snow"

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 13 Jun 2018 08:43

What about the form for the BtB 2018 players contest?
When I click on the link the page appears blank... :huh:

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 15 Jun 2018 11:15

argh - looks like this one got screwed up with the reinstallation of the website - will check on it over the weekend and try to fix...

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 18 Jun 2018 15:13

I don't want to be a drag at all and that's why I haven't insisted or even PMd, but I'm hoping that sometime my sentence in the said review will be changed to "True that I didn't like at least the fixed cameras in one of the rooms" if that makes any sense. If you've played it you know what I'm saying (with the chandeliers blocking the view in between and all that). Not that it's that big a deal really. :)

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 20 Jun 2018 21:31

MichaelP wrote:
15 Jun 2018 11:15
argh - looks like this one got screwed up with the reinstallation of the website - will check on it over the weekend and try to fix...

Well, sorry, but I seem to be just not smart enough today to figure out the problem. :(

If anyone here is an expert in migrating php scripts from v5.6 to v7+ then I would love to hear from you, as this is why the issue occurs. My script uses list commands and arrays and apparently the handling of these changed in php7, hence the script throws an error now that I have not been able to resolve yet...

In the meantime, if anyone wants to get rid of their BtB guesses, given we only have 8 builder - level pairs to submit, maybe you can simply PM me your choices and I will then record them manually in the database.

@Jorge - edited your review now...

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 21 Jun 2018 00:44

Thanks. :2thumbsup:

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 21 Jun 2018 18:07

Ok - guess I had a "smarter" day today - the BtB2018 guessing form should now be available for submissions :D