STRPIX

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

franky

STRPIX

Post by franky » 24 Jul 2020 13:46

Hi everyone

Question: is it possible to export from STRPIX an object in .MQO format with the original textures to be opened on Metasquoia?

Hello and thanks
Franky

sapper

Re: STRPIX

Post by sapper » 24 Jul 2020 13:57

Do you mean have the model textured in Metasequoia?

If so yes but you have to use textureadd program to export all textures from the wad to the same folder as the mqo.

https://www.trsearch.org/tools

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 24 Jul 2020 16:26

And you can save a textured object as MQO (don't close Strpix), open it in Meta, make some changes and save it again as MQO, then load it in Strpix again and the textures should still be in the right place. Maybe only faces you changed have to be retextured.

For instance, in your wad you have a textured vase and a textured table, export both objects as MQO, so you'll have a table.mqo and a vase.mqo. Don't close Strpix and open Meta, import the table.MQO and then the vase.MQO ("as a new object"). Move the vase on top of the table (maybe even scale it down a bit) and "Merge all visible" into the Table object save as the table.MQO. Go back to Strpix and import the Table.MQO back into the table slot and you'll have the vase on the table, everything textured as original.
Last edited by Dutchy on 15 Sep 2020 20:06, edited 2 times in total.
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy's (D&G) Walkthroughs

franky

Post by franky » 24 Jul 2020 16:52

sapper wrote:
24 Jul 2020 13:57
Do you mean have the model textured in Metasequoia?

If so yes but you have to use textureadd program to export all textures from the wad to the same folder as the mqo.

https://www.trsearch.org/tools
Hi
I would like that when I upload the object exported from STRPIX in .MQO format then on Metasequoia it already contains all the original textures.

Note: I have been trying for many days but without success

Note: the link you sent me doesn't work, you could send it to me, explaining it better, because I didn't understand, what should I do?

Hello and thanks
Franky

franky

Post by franky » 24 Jul 2020 17:17

Dutchy wrote:
24 Jul 2020 16:26
And you can save a textured object as MQO (don't close Strpix), open it in Meta, make some changes and save it again as MQO, then load it in Strpix again and the textures should still be in the right place. Maybe only faces you changed have to be retextured.

For instance, in your wad you have a textured vase and a textured table, export both objects as MQO. Don't close Strpix and open Meta, import the table.MQO and then the vase.MQO. Move the vase on top of the table (maybe even scale it down a bit) and "Merge all visible" into the Table object save as the table.MQO. Go back to Strpix and import the Table.MQO back into the table slot and you'll have the vase on the table, textured as original.
Hi Dutchy
you are a GREAT, you solved the problem equally,

By reloading the object always in .MQO on STRPIX after the changes, the textures are in place and also the new faces.

Hello and a big thank you
Franky

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 04 Aug 2020 21:36

I often forget NOT TO CLOSE Strpix. :hammer:
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy's (D&G) Walkthroughs