Changing an Animation

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Changing an Animation

Post by Dutchy » 20 Mar 2019 08:39

For a new vehicle I am building, I need Lara's hands to be more inwards than the existing vehicle extra's (28 animations). Here is just an example. Lara is not visible for non-disclosure reasons... The arms/hands should go more inwards to fit a smaller handle bars. I am able to change the position, but do I have to do that for every single frame of every animation?
Any tips on how to make it easier (I have the feeling there won't be an easy way..), can I set a basic position for the hands so that they will be in that spot in every animation?
hands.jpg
hands.jpg (8.7 KiB) Viewed 419 times

Titak

Re: Changing an Animation

Post by Titak » 21 Mar 2019 18:26

In the "Frame" dropdown menu of WADMerger Animation Editor, you can select "Set rotation for all frames" when you have one of the arm meshes selected.

But I'm not sure if that will give the wanted result in this case. It won't if Lara's upper body moves along with the movement of the vehicle.

Other than that, frame by frame is most likely the way to go in this case. :-|
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 23 Mar 2019 21:38

Yeah, that doesn't work... Frame by frame and nothing to aim the hands on, because you cannot import the object into the animation to see how far the hands have to go. Getting closer, some of them look good already. Days of work... :(

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 25 Mar 2019 23:33

I would have sworn the newer version of WADMerger let you import objects while editing other objects. Maybe I'm not recalling correctly though, it has been quite a while since I've used it.

Mehrbod

Post by Mehrbod » 26 Mar 2019 12:00

JesseG wrote:
25 Mar 2019 23:33
I would have sworn the newer version of WADMerger let you import objects while editing other objects. Maybe I'm not recalling correctly though, it has been quite a while since I've used it.
Well, you mean you can import for example DXF or 3D Standard formats???? How then??? :D

Egypt has many secrets and mysteries yet to be discovered ... :)

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 31 Mar 2019 17:05

Mehrbod wrote:
26 Mar 2019 12:00
JesseG wrote:
25 Mar 2019 23:33
Well, you mean you can import for example DXF or 3D Standard formats???? How then??? :D
No, sadly I think it's only for importing other objects in the same WAD - of course you could certainly import the meshes into an object temporarily to make it work that way.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 01 Apr 2019 16:10

:idea: ah yes, will try if that works....import it in Strpix and open in WM...let's find out

Mehrbod

Post by Mehrbod » 04 Apr 2019 09:23

JesseG wrote:
31 Mar 2019 17:05
No, sadly I think it's only for importing other objects in the same WAD - of course you could certainly import the meshes into an object temporarily to make it work that way.
Yeah, unfortunately! Thanks! :2thumbsup:

Egypt has many secrets and mysteries yet to be discovered ... :)