Metasequoia

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Metasequoia

Post by Dutchy » 17 Jan 2018 14:04

Suddenly I don't have the option "double sided" anymore when I select a face and want it double sided. It always was in the selected menu, same goes for "mirror". Anyone else had this happen...?
"META\mqle23b2"

Mulf

Re: Metasequoia

Post by Mulf » 17 Jan 2018 16:12

You may have accidentally clicked on "Basic Mode" (in the File menu). This hides a lot of options.
It is also the default mode if you (re-)install it, I think.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 17 Jan 2018 18:44

Now you mention it, I think I saw a message like that passing by...you're a Life saver :love:

Since you knew the answer right away I'll post my other "problem"
When setting the size of the object or moving it by typing the range, I type 102.4, but as soon as I go to the next box with the cursor, the 102.4 changes back to the basic 200. It always worked fine and now all of a sudden it doesn't
Attachments
meta.jpg
meta.jpg (43.53 KiB) Viewed 349 times

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 18 Jan 2018 01:57

I used to have a similar problem, it had something to do with how the system reads decimals. Metasequoia (and Strpix) don’t accept the continental , (comma) for a decimal mark, they require the . (period). You can change that in Control Panel.
Unfortunately my system is German, so I’ll try to make do without the exact English terms.
In Control Panel, there’s a section called ‘Region and Language’ or similar. The first tab ‘Formats’ has a button for ‘additional settings’ (red arrow in the pic below). Click on that, and in the window that opens, change the decimal mark (red rectangle) to the period if it isn’t already. You might want to change the digit groupings mark (‘Zifferngruppierung’) accordingly. Click on OK.

Hope this fixes it!

P. S.: Didn’t notice you edited your post until just now. :)

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 18 Jan 2018 04:54

Mulf u seams to have pretty mush knowledge on both old and new stuff
of the leveleditor and other programs to it.
but but but it's over 15 yeas ago since u last released a level
unless u have done it in another nick
are u actually building something
or just like to keep u updated on le ETC ETC

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 18 Jan 2018 08:06

And also SOLVED! You have my gratitude Ralf...
the proof...
meta3.jpg
meta3.jpg (26.41 KiB) Viewed 319 times

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 18 Jan 2018 15:01

Well came to a halt again... try to open a X.dxf exported from Strpix, Meta crashes... :-o
meta.jpg
meta.jpg (18.35 KiB) Viewed 307 times

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 19 Jan 2018 11:51

With that I’m afraid I cannot help. That’s one for the programmers.

I’d try ‘run as administrator’ or compatibility mode, but that’s really just so many shots in the dark.

@vimmers:

I’m tempted to say that yes, for very personal reasons, I chose to release my later levels under a different name. That name was Cain.
A little joke. :)
I may not have released anything in 15 years, but I’ve been working with TRLE during that period—on and off, with stretches of non-activity inbetween due to unpredictable fluctuations in my interests as well as other things—, and I do indeed try to stay in the loop. So yes, I am building something, a rather ambitious game to be released in episodes, but I do so in private (i. e. without constantly updating a thread specifically devoted to the purpose of advertising it), because I cannot say with any degree of certainty when or if it will see the light of day.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 19 Jan 2018 13:47

ok thanks for clarify mulf
Dutchy maybe u should uninstall the program
and best to use a uninstaller program so everything goes away
in registry and other places where it could hide stuff
and then reinstall it again

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 19 Jan 2018 22:08

Dutchy, I was thinking...do you have the latest version of Strpix (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpos ... tcount=296) installed? (It’s being edited these days by Sapper. It supports .MQO import and export, so you don’t have usual hassle with .DXF anymore.) If not, try that version. If you have, or if you still get the error, try exporting as MQO. (That’s what I’d try anyway. No guarantees. :wink: )

A_De

Post by A_De » 20 Jan 2018 17:28

How do you guys type the float values in fields? Every time when I try to do that Metasequoia automaticallly reverts all values as integers :?
Does this depend on grid settings or similar things?

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 20 Jan 2018 18:17

You’re having the same problem that Dutchy had a few posts up. Refer to my post about decimal marks, that should settle the issue. :)

psiko

Post by psiko » 22 Jan 2018 17:00

Mulf, one or two screens would heal thirsty players (I am a fan of yours), we know it's not a job and so, we could understand if for any reason you would not be able to finish your project. In the while, few screens will make us happy and hopeful :) Sorry for the off topic, but I couldn't resist :)

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 23 Jan 2018 08:19

Mulf wrote:
19 Jan 2018 22:08
Dutchy, I was thinking...do you have the latest version of Strpix (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpos ... tcount=296) installed? (It’s being edited these days by Sapper. It supports .MQO import and export, so you don’t have usual hassle with .DXF anymore.) If not, try that version. If you have, or if you still get the error, try exporting as MQO. (That’s what I’d try anyway. No guarantees. :wink: )
Cannot test it right now, I'm in Amsterdam for two weeks. Yes, I use the latest version. Been working with im-exporting MQO files from Strpix for two years now. But sometimes I have to adjust an objects size so it matches another, or fix an "open face" in a complicated object. That doesn'treally work in MQO (the enormous size and distorted view), so I export the dxf and fit them together. Retexturing is something I got used to in the years :D

Titak

Post by Titak » 23 Jan 2018 16:45

Dutchy wrote:
23 Jan 2018 08:19
That doesn'treally work in MQO (the enormous size and distorted view)
Have you tried View>Set View and then slide the "pers" ruler all the way to the right?
Works to fix the weird perspective when having to work on larger objects.

I often have to adjust the ruler again while working on a large object, because for some reason it gradually slides back to the left.
No idea why that happens, but I simply slide it back to the right to get a workable perspective again. :D
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.