Voice acting

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

sonnyd83

Voice acting

Post by sonnyd83 » 06 Jan 2018 15:52

Hi there. I am working on a level right now which has quite a lot of robot voices in it - I used a website called fromtexttospeech.com to convert some text into speech which gives the player clues what to do as well where the character talks to other characters.
I was wondering if anyone is able to do voice acting for this game instead of using the robot voices at all, because it sounds much better and gives it a more personal touch...

There are a couple of characters which it would be quite good for:
A German female general who speaks for about 71 seconds
A Polish male prisoner of war who speaks twice for about 21 seconds and 3 seconds

I was going to also ask about voice acting for the main character Marcia L Croft but am unsure as there's quite a bit if it, and she'd have to sound very British (how they used to speak in the 40s)

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Voice acting

Post by DJ Full » 06 Jan 2018 19:58

Polish male prisoner? I'm in :D :D :D
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

A_De

Post by A_De » 15 Jan 2018 15:46

Off-topic, but still matters to me:

Dave, please do NOT use any of my objects any further. Guess you can perfectly live without them. I don't wish to be connected to anything you doing. Hope you can be respectful to my decision.
Best regards.

sonnyd83

Post by sonnyd83 » 15 Jan 2018 19:46

Yes of course I'll respect your decision. I'll remove 3 of your objects I was using.

Teone

Post by Teone » 20 Sep 2018 13:25

A_De wrote:
15 Jan 2018 15:46
I don't wish to be connected to anything you doing.
Who knows why?
:thinking2:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 21 Sep 2018 09:26

Please, stop it already and let's keep the community a happy enough place. There's too much going on in the world anyway. I me mine, I me mine, I me mine. Sorry, I'm just not in the mood, not wanting to be offensive.

Teone

Post by Teone » 21 Sep 2018 12:13

I hate I Me Mine! It's the last song recorded by the Beatles, when they had already decided to separate and to leave the Abbey Road Studios an happy enough place for someone else.

You are never offensive, Jorge. I know, every community is a house of cards, so fragile that nobody should dare to blow their own thoughts aloud.

But to get back in-topic... this Dave's request was for The Black Diamond Part 1 or for some other game not released yet?

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 21 Sep 2018 14:44

So far I know is that Dave finished his level a while ago.
But if you want more or another answer, isn't it better to ask the builder himself?
Oops, I did it again... Image

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 21 Sep 2018 14:55

Teone wrote:
21 Sep 2018 12:13
I hate I Me Mine! It's the last song recorded by the Beatles, when they had already decided to separate and to leave the Abbey Road Studios an happy enough place for someone else.

You are never offensive, Jorge. I know, every community is a house of cards, so fragile that nobody should dare to blow their own thoughts aloud.

But to get back in-topic... this Dave's request was for The Black Diamond Part 1 or for some other game not released yet?
Thanks. :)

Is I Me Mine actually the last song the Beatles recorded as a band? The reason I ask is (and I'm not checking or anything) their last album was Abbey Road even though Let it Be was published later on because George Martin wasn't willing to produce the album and it ended being produced by Phil Spector. Let it Be (the album) is relatively mediocre in fact (although some of the songs recorded during the sessions are actually interesting - thinking of Don't Let me Down, Old Brown Shoe and You Know My Name, for instance; maybe they're not all from the sessions but maybe they are, at least they were published in the same epoch) while Abbey Road is pretty good in general even though it's miles (or kilometres) away from anything they'd done since Revolver.

Sorry for the off-topic everyone. :D

Teone

Post by Teone » 21 Sep 2018 15:32

Jorge22 wrote:
21 Sep 2018 14:55
Is I Me Mine actually the last song the Beatles recorded as a band?
:yes: on january 3, 1970 (I love Beatles. I'd be glad to chat about them but it'd be a very huge off topic here :D )
Gerty wrote:
21 Sep 2018 14:44
if you want more or another answer, isn't it better to ask the builder himself?
I'll do, thank you. I hope I did not raise too much dust with my boots.

EDIT:

Uh! No need to talk to anybody... I think I found by myself the answer:
I've just finished to play a very controversal game ...a divisive masterpiece, I'd say.
I can only imagine how offensive it may have been for some players to kill the final boss. :D
I'm with you, Dave! I love provocative artists!
I want to say it publicly.