Limits for triggers and/or cameras

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Fluen

Limits for triggers and/or cameras

Post by Fluen » 26 Mar 2017 22:10

The level I'm building contains a river with a strong stream. As a result I've used a lot of sinks with corresponding triggers.

During the work with the sinks, I noticed, that in NGLE (the old version for TRLE) the maximum number of triggers should be 512, but when I went somewhere over 250 triggers, the numbers turned red, as if I was reaching some kind of limit already then.

By now I have about 480 triggers. All enemies and traps are in place. And when I output my level, it works just fine. Is there something, I should watch out for? Some malfunction I just haven't discovered yet?

The only things I need triggers for now, are cameras and audio tracks. This leads to the next question. What is the limit for still cameras (fixed and unfixed cameras both)?

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Limits for triggers and/or cameras

Post by DJ Full » 27 Mar 2017 18:37

The limit for static cameras is unknown.
But my level has ~128 flybys and a whole load of static cams...
So good news are both limits are separate and can coexist :)

Numbers going red can be ignored.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 28 Mar 2017 22:31

[ignore]
Last edited by Mulf on 30 Mar 2017 01:00, edited 1 time in total.

Mr XY

Post by Mr XY » 28 Mar 2017 22:52

@Fluen

The text going red can be ignored. What is more important is that you stay under the limit. Going near or reaching it creates no trouble, at least never did in my levels.

With triggers it is actually impossible to surpass the limit. I built several levels with 512/512 triggers (NGLE) and never had any bugs or problems.

Fixed and usual cams count as Item each (just like anything that has an item id) The Item limit is 6000. Does that mean you can have 6000 cams in your level? Don't know but I never heard that there is a limit for these kind of cams.

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 29 Mar 2017 23:19

Thank you, I'll happily build on.

SrDanielPonces

Post by SrDanielPonces » 04 Apr 2017 23:05

What I know is that Cams somehow are "Part of" of light bulbs/suns etc, because I had this cutscene room that I had to make a copy because I reached the max number of cameras - and the warning window said too many light bulbs applied (or something like that). With that said so, are the light bulbs counted as objects too?