change "no animation" position of object?

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

SharonH

change "no animation" position of object?

Post by SharonH » 02 Nov 2016 16:46

Hello :)
I really love TifahNazah's rideable reindeer.I was wondering,when I place the object in game the deer is in a running position not a standing position.But when I check the animations in wadmerger,the deer's "no animation" position is a standing position.How do i get that standing position in game?(before its activated by lichen). I expected to see the running position as the "no animation" and thought I could just swap positions.I must be missing an easy fix! Anyone have any idea? TIA :anxious:

JesseG

Re: change "no animation" position of object?

Post by JesseG » 02 Nov 2016 23:22

Don't worry about what it looks like when you place it in the map, that's not accurate. I think it shows the first frame of Animation 0, but that doesn't mean it will look that way in the game. I would compile your level and play it to see, I haven't used this particular object but I have a feeling the deer will be standing upright until you interact with it.

Edit to clarify: You should not look at "No Animation" to change the default stance of an object, the game never displays it. "No Animation" as far as I know is more for modeling purposes - adjusting the space between meshes, textures, scaling individual meshes - things that form the object itself rather than its animations.

SharonH

Post by SharonH » 02 Nov 2016 23:52

Hi JesseG
well it IS in the standing position in wadmerger ,but in the map and in game,its the running position.hmm.In any case,its a great object,it works great and is alot of fun ..i just had to try it out.I was just curious...its that time of year again to think about holiday levels and I've started one for next year Thanks for replying :)

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 03 Nov 2016 00:15

That's a shame. You might still be able to change it, but not by using the "No Animation". You would need to change one of the animations - I suspect Animation 0, but the JEEP slot is hardcoded in many ways so it might take some trial and error.