Beginner's doubt

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Luisa

Beginner's doubt

Post by Luisa » 21 Oct 2016 13:03

So, does the editor only allows me to work with one TGA texture file per room/level? If no, is there a limit of how many TGA files I can load in a project/room?

If it has a limit and I wanted to use textures from more than one TGA file should I make my own TGA file with the textures I want?
"I'm a dangerous girl, and right now I'm losing patience."

QRS
Admin
Admin

Re: Beginner's doubt

Post by QRS » 21 Oct 2016 14:22

1 TGA file/level yes. You can of course make your own or expand one you are using etc. Use the tool "Trbuilder" to do that. Should be available at trsearch or similar.
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

Luisa

Post by Luisa » 21 Oct 2016 16:41

And one more thing: when I load the BtB Venice texture pack into the editor it shows an error message saying there are too many textures and it loads only the first textures of the file. Was it suppose to happen? How do I fix it?

Speaking of size limit, what is the size limit a TGA file gotta have to be loaded into the editor? 'Cuz (assuming the error message is indeed a bug) to save myself the trouble of picking each texture I intend to use to rearrange them into the new TGA file I am thinking of just attaching the entire sets containing the textures I want in the same TGA file.

Titak

Post by Titak » 22 Oct 2016 16:49

BtB Venice was, if I am not mistaken, built using the NGLE, which is an updated TRLE.
It allows you to use 128x128 or even 256x256 textures (although 256x256 is not really recommended) and it can handle a larger TGA file.
So if you are using the original TRLE, you may want to consider switching to NGLE. (or even TRNG while you are at it)

And welcome to the wonderful world of creating custom levels. :D
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.

Luisa

Post by Luisa » 22 Oct 2016 21:49

Titak wrote:BtB Venice was, if I am not mistaken, built using the NGLE, which is an updated TRLE.
It allows you to use 128x128 or even 256x256 textures (although 256x256 is not really recommended) and it can handle a larger TGA file.
So if you are using the original TRLE, you may want to consider switching to NGLE. (or even TRNG while you are at it)

And welcome to the wonderful world of creating custom levels. :D
Thank you! :D