Quick question

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Quick question

Post by Treeble » 30 Aug 2016 00:54

I've been toying around with the idea of building a short level just for the sake of it, but as I know I don't have the know-how and energy to develop something that somehow became the new standards, I was thinking of picking up one the BtB sets and trying to work a level around it... However, I'm fairly sure that my out-of-the-box installation of RoomEdit won't do the cut.

For someone who hasn't touched the level editing side of the TRLE in over 10 years, could someone supply me a link with what people use to design levels these days? I don't think I'll mess around with the wad or textures, I might want to replace the outfit however and for that I'm sure the WadMerger I have stashed away is probably obsolete and would probably bug the sfx?

I'm not making promises, never really made any substantial/remarkable contribution in any field of the fandom, just feel like toying around with it and maybe put something out again sooner or later.

Thanks in advance

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Quick question

Post by DJ Full » 30 Aug 2016 01:09

I think you fit just fine into "Create a Classic".
It's about short levels which look like 20 years ago.
Check the official thread on the blue forums and have fun :D

For new tools check "TRNG - Updates" on the same forum.

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Quick question

Post by Treeble » 30 Aug 2016 01:27

Wow that's... overwhelming. :-o I've downloaded a bunch of files, hopefully by this weekend I'll have it properly set up and try my first steps. If anything goes wrong, I'll be here annoying the crap out of you. lol

Re the competition: wow. Saw some amazing screenshots along the pages I skimmed through, but I'm definitely not up to the challenge. Not to mention there's a deadline — if I make anything presentable out of this return, it'll probably be ready around October... 2017. lol

Thanks DJ Full. Much appreciated. :2thumbsup: