Preassure Pads?

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

QRS
Admin
Admin

Preassure Pads?

Post by QRS » 10 Jun 2016 09:38

Is there a way to get preassure pads that you can walk on to trigger something? Kind of like the Sphinx larg buttons but on the floor? Or maybe you can make something out of the two block platform or the catacomb puzzle? My intention is that Lara should trigger the pads though, not blocks etc.

Thanks!
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

Mulf

Re: Preassure Pads?

Post by Mulf » 10 Jun 2016 10:57

Well, the easiest way is indeed to just use a TWOBLOCK_PLATFORM, with all code bits activated and a trigger for whatever it is you want to have triggered underneath. You'll remember from the Catacombs level that with this setup, no trigger is required for the platform itself; however, you'll probably want a pad trigger for the thing that's supposed to be triggered, and I can't remember off the top of my head if that works. If it doesn't, or if you want something more specific (like a pressure pad on an inclined floor, which is not possible with the platform), then you'll need some TRNG scripting. In the latter case, I'll be happy to pass on some nuggets of wisdom I received from Raymond about this issue a while back. As Americans seem to say, just holler. :)

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 10 Jun 2016 19:56

There are also objects made to resemble pressure pads. Take a look at the BtB Northern Legends package to see, if it may suit your needs.

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 12 Jun 2016 18:05

Thanks to both of you! Will check out the Northern pack then! I need some cool objects and inspiration anyway and the btb packages are often a goldmine hehe.

Hmm you really got me interested regarding the idea of inclined preasure pads! Do you mean a preasure pad that loweres like the twoblock platform but in a slope then? In any case it sounds interesting! My knowledge of the scripting is poor though...and even worse now after a long break! I appreciate all help I can get!
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 12 Jun 2016 21:41

Yes, that is what I meant. As I said, just give a shout...or wait, I'll consider that a shout and go look it up. :)

EssGee
Mod
Mod

Post by EssGee » 19 Jun 2016 02:44

Anders the first pressure pad I made was used in 'Evil know no boundaries'. We've sinced recycled them in NL Pack as mentioned.