Triggering invisible motorbike

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Zreen

Triggering invisible motorbike

Post by Zreen » 13 Apr 2016 03:59

Hello, I couldn't find this specific issue in the search or TRF, etc., but I want to have a motorbike (movable vehicle object - the original TRLE one) to be invisible at the start of the level, and then a trigger makes it visible again. The game crashes when I trigger the invisible motorbike, is there a workaround or should I find another way to make it seem the motorbike suddenly shows up?

justin

Re: Triggering invisible motorbike

Post by justin » 13 Apr 2016 11:18

Are you using a Flipeffect to make the Bike visible?
Dark Skies loom...

Titak

Post by Titak » 13 Apr 2016 20:06

No idea about the invisibility, but what about moving it instantly out of sight at the start of the level, and then instantly move it back when it should become visible? :thinking:
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.

Zreen

Post by Zreen » 13 Apr 2016 21:01

justin wrote:Are you using a Flipeffect to make the Bike visible?
At first I could not for the life of me find the disappear/reappear flipeffects (I was looking under Flipeffects instead of Actions) but eventually I found it.
Titak wrote:... moving it instantly out of sight at the start of the level, and then instantly move it back when it should become visible? :thinking:
I thought about that as well, but the flipeffect works perfectly.

My issue was that I was still thinking in terms of the original TRLE and just needed the specific flipeffect. It works now.
For reference, it is flipeffect 21 (disappear) and 22 (reappear) and I used the ACTION > OBJECT > Perform flipeffect on object to get these rather than the normal method, but triggering it immediately at the start of the level messes with the motorbike's headlight (headlight shines on wall in front of it when it's disappeared at start of level as opposed to when it reappears) so I'll throw in a flyby to hide this at the beginning.