HELP

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Titak

Re: HELP

Post by Titak » 25 Mar 2016 10:18

There are a couple of jungle/India texture sets on TR Search Engine.
You could check those.
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 25 Mar 2016 20:24

I forget how TR3 handled transparency in textures but I believe it changed between TR3 and TRLE. TRLE needs this pink color: RGB 255, 0, 255 and the pink parts become transparent. TR3 might have just used black, which is not going to work for you.

I found this set, where it looks like they added in the pink to make it work: http://www.trsearch.org/Items/1785

Leona

Post by Leona » 25 Mar 2016 21:24

I found a texture set of TROE and it works fine. :)
I made my decision on what kind of level should I make. It is basically a jungle cave. Since I didn't learn much about building open areas, I will start building my levels the easy way.
But there's something else I need help with. The script.
There will be different puzzles so I have to rename them. There is a combo puzzle I want to rename but it has only one name for both of them. Eye Piece, I want to name them with different names and when I do so, in game the script is messed up. I rename the Eye Piece to Crystal and make another name for the another piece of puzzle (Combo 2) and when I save and build everything as I said so the script in game is messed up.

And when I read a tutorial of something, it may contain this sometimes

EXAMPLE:
; Values to add in script command: $5000, 85, $36

Does this write in the editor or what? If it doesn't then where does it need to be put?
"Right now, crazy is all we got"

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 25 Mar 2016 23:20

I'm not sure if you're using the NGLE script editor or just the text files. either way, any names you use in script.txt needs to also be in english.txt. You'll need to pick a line of text to replace in english.txt to put your new name in there (most lines should be OK). Once you have the names matching between the two files your script should start working again.

Leona

Post by Leona » 26 Mar 2016 12:01

Thank you.
There's something I wanna know, and it was shown in the level The Eggining. So, Lara picks up a shotgun and some ammos, and there's the dialouge played. I can't make an audio played after Lara picks up something, it will only say cannot overlay special triggers. Also there's another audio played and it onlys plays after Lara picks up the shotgun. Not really that I am gonna use this right now, but I sure will put cutscenes in my level.

When Lara hits a wall, in game it always plays the sound when Lara pulls out her guns. Anyhow I can fix this?
By the way, my level has secrets. When Lara picks up one, in the inventory it writes as Load. I can't rename it or it will rename the ACTUAL load in game. How do I fix it? Nevermind I fixed this.

More problems:
I can't get this working: Lara pulls a skeleton (SAS_DRAG_BLOKE) and she picks up a shotgun, and she says (it shows like a text) "I hope this shotgun works", I want her to say that after she picks it up, not before. So how do I do this? This must be really easy, I am probably forgetting these stuff :hammer: :-P

Leona

Post by Leona » 01 Apr 2016 17:16

I really need help thoguh, sorry for double posting :|

Titak

Post by Titak » 01 Apr 2016 17:46

Place a pickup-trigger for the item (shotgun ammo in this case).
Do not forget to enter 64 in the OCB of the item, otherwise the pickup trigger won't work.
Place a trigger for the audio on the same tile. Make this a regular trigger (or a flipeffect trigger if you are using TRNG).

This setup makes sure that any triggers placed on top of the pickup trigger won't be activated untill the item has indeed been picked up.
So also use a pickuptrigger underneath the shotgun. This will make the text appear only when the shotgun has been picked up.

Leona

Post by Leona » 02 Apr 2016 12:38

I'll try.
How do I set a sound for a door, I already have, but there's a missing sound for closing the door. Is there a specific sound for closing the door, or I should just use the back_jm and what's it's actual name in the Sound Manager of WadMerger?

Titak

Post by Titak » 02 Apr 2016 15:49

You can assign sounds to the animations of an object, but first you have to make sure the sound is assigned to your wad.

If it is assigned to your wad, you open your wad in WADMerger, select the door and then open Animation Editor.
Find the closing animation and hit the little button with a bucnh of ones and zeros on it. This is the "Anim Command" window.
On the bottom left of this little windo you select "Play Sound", in the next box you enter the framenumber at which the sound should start playing (usually frame 1 if the door closes right away), in the large box you select the sound it should play and in the most right box you select "always".
Then you hit the "Add" button to assign the sound.
Close the window, save your wad and all should be right when done right. :D

Leona

Post by Leona » 02 Apr 2016 20:04

Thank you so much!! :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
Is there a way to take longer killing an enemy? There will be a shiva in my level and I want it to take longer to kill, but it is in the SCORPION slot, so I guess it wouldn't take so much time killing it. I want it to take longer to kill, maybe similar to TR3.

Titak

Post by Titak » 02 Apr 2016 21:31

If you are using TRNG, you can use the Enemy= script command to increase the enemy's HP so it takes longer to kill it.
You can read about this command in NG-Center's Reference section.

Leona

Post by Leona » 03 Apr 2016 13:52

And how do you change the enemy's damage in the ENEMY DAMAGE list, I can't change it.

My biggest problem of all is inspiration. If I run out of it, I can't continue making some kind of room where Lara could only run around. I need inspiration to keep my level alive. Any suggestions? My level is a 'jungle-cave' one.

Titak

Post by Titak » 04 Apr 2016 16:22

You don't change it in the Enemy Damage list.
That is just a list for reference if you want to change te damage they do.
Let's say you want to make an enemy stronger and their default damage would be 100 in that list, then you could use 120 instead.
And as I said before, you need to use the Enemy= command. That's where you will need to put the new damage value.There's info on how to use it and the different fields it uses in NG-Center. :D

Leona

Post by Leona » 10 Apr 2016 14:58

Is it possible to place an object under an enemy ( a SCORPION one ) so when it dies the object shows up on the floor it died? I think its only possible for the BADDIES, but is it possible for scorpions (or probably I am doing something wrong) ?

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 10 Apr 2016 15:35

It should be possible to have a scorpion leave something behind. I suspect the issue is with the object you're trying to drop - what type is it? I think only the "inventory items" are allowed, like keys, puzzle items, ammo, medpacks, etc.