General Level Editing Thread

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Dwight

Re: General Level Editing Thread

Post by Dwight » 12 Sep 2014 02:22

larabiker301 wrote:Does anyone remember how to change the title screen's logo? I've tried Skribblerz's site but they didn't have any tutorial. I completely forgot how, then again, I've never tried. :)
Oh YES! :yay: Now its my turn! :D

You can use TRCustomScreens.v20 ! Found on Driber's website! :D

DANG IT! :(

I was too slow! Someone else already suggested it!

Or that's right....

FInd it on his website.
If a condition says it is true, and if a condition claims it is true; the condition IS true." ------ Dwight Clemons

larabiker301

Post by larabiker301 » 12 Sep 2014 21:36

Thanks OverRaider for the link, but the application ends up deleted by my anti-virus software so I'll just keep my logo like it is. And trust me, Dwight, I'll definitely possess more questions in the near future now that I'm beginning to build a level.
The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
-Paul Valery

EssGee
Mod
Mod

Post by EssGee » 13 Sep 2014 02:34

larabiker301 wrote:Does anyone remember how to change the title screen's logo? I've tried Skribblerz's site but they didn't have any tutorial. I completely forgot how, then again, I've never tried. :)
Did you look in your Logo folder of your TRLE setup . Readme instructions are there. 8)
It's Tomb Raider Jim... but not as we know it. :evil:

Dwight

Post by Dwight » 13 Sep 2014 03:50

larabiker301 wrote:Thanks OverRaider for the link, but the application ends up deleted by my anti-virus software so I'll just keep my logo like it is. And trust me, Dwight, I'll definitely possess more questions in the near future now that I'm beginning to build a level.
Yay! :yay:
If a condition says it is true, and if a condition claims it is true; the condition IS true." ------ Dwight Clemons

Dwight

Post by Dwight » 13 Sep 2014 03:51

EssGee wrote:
Did you look in your Logo folder of your TRLE setup . Readme instructions are there. 8)
Oh yeah! :D Use that!

larabiker301

Post by larabiker301 » 13 Sep 2014 03:57

"Aha," I say as I attempt to imitate complete astonishment as to how I could've overlooked that entire folder together. I'm on my mobile right now; I'll try it a little later but thanks for the info. :)
-Paul Valery

Dwight

Post by Dwight » 13 Sep 2014 04:05

larabiker301 wrote:"Aha," I say as I attempt to imitate complete astonishment as to how I could've overlooked that entire folder together. I'm on my mobile right now; I'll try it a little later but thanks for the info. :)
What if trle was available on mobile? :think:

larabiker301

Post by larabiker301 » 13 Sep 2014 14:05

That sounds like a nice idea. Someone might attempt it along the roads with all these smart individuals popping up around here. :)
--
Does anyone know what I should do for a script entry for a sprinting-jump animation? Here's a snip it of my code.

Code: Select all

;--------animation for sprinting jump-----;
Animation=      445,KEY1_DOWN,FAN_SET_NEUTRAL_STATE_ID,IGNORE,IGNORE,IGNORE,73
I had to add a new piece of code since, if I had left it like it was intended to, it would have traced over the original sprint-roll animation. I would like to keep and incorporate both.

Edit: Okay it works now...well sort of but I think I can fix my problem.

Code: Select all

Animation=      468,KEY1_JUMP,IGNORE,FAN_SET_NEUTRAL_STATE_ID,IGNORE,IGNORE,IGNORE,73
But how would I still use the original sprint-roll animation? Would I just change the key parameter to a different key up above? :?
-Paul Valery

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 19 Sep 2014 18:47

I have some crashes with the laser head from TR5 in TRNG, it occurs sometimes when he shoots. Somebody know why ? :(

larabiker301

Post by larabiker301 » 24 Sep 2014 22:09

I was searching the forum and I couldn't find the answer to my problem. I am attempting to cut cameras as in Camera 1:1 goes to Camera 1:2 but camera #2 is in a different room. I've tried many things including adding dummy cameras like putting Camera 1:1 before a Camera 1:2 and then adding a third camera so that Camera 1:2 acts as a dummy camera. I'm a little stumped since the real cameras I'm using trigger a trapdoor that needs to be triggered.
---
And I did make sure that the number 7 was inputted in the OCB menu of the flyby camera and that I put the number of camera in the timer field. I wonder if I'm leaving out anything. My only reasurance is that cameras often don't work the way you want them to in the level editor. :?
-Paul Valery

OverRaider

Post by OverRaider » 24 Sep 2014 23:24

You haven`t discribed what`s really your problem, you just wrote that you have problem but what problem? flyby camera doesn`t work at all? or just something doesn`t work as it could?. if so then what? :)

I checked my project and I have a setup flyby cut camera sequence there and for me it works and also the cut camera is far in different room. I guess it`s better if those cut cameras don`t have any heavytrigger under it (just in case if you have), and better if you check it all again make sure that your camera 1:1 have ocb pressed 7 and a number 3 in timer field and also make sure you put dummy camera 1:2 in project and simply place camera 1:3 anywhere in project , also I suggest to make sure none of the rolling balls remains on trigger zones(I don`t know if this affects the flyby cameras but it affects the cameras so just in case :wink: )
Where is no challenge there is a boredom

larabiker301

Post by larabiker301 » 25 Sep 2014 02:13

Sorry, I knew when I was writing that it'd be a bit confusing. I've tried everything but nothing seems to work. I have a total of 13 cameras in a sequence. The cut cams are between cam 10 and 12 while 11 acts as a dummy camera. For some reason, when camera number 11 comes, it just snaps back to Lara, and thus, the flyby is over. I can't understand why, though. I don't have any heavy triggers under my cut cams and the rooms aren't even that far apart. I made sure 7 was clicked and I even tried using the dummy camera as a cut cam to see if that'd work, but nope. :( I never really liked working with flybys anyway. :?
-Paul Valery

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 25 Sep 2014 06:07

I had a similar issue, and EssGee suggested to reduce the overall camera number in my level. It didn't help completely, but at least the cameras worked almost like I wanted them to, so I could release the level.

Below the 3D window of the editor, there is an info panel that gives You a total number of placed effects per level, and the limit is 768 - however it's dangerous to get close to this value: local sounds aren't officially counted but they take up some memory anyway, so a similar thing may happen to fogbulbs and - in Your case - cameras. If Your effect number reads about 750, You can try to remove some placed sounds, fogbulbs or unnecessary static camera hints and see if the flybys get repaired.

Also, remember the basics - You need:
- num10 with button [7] pressed and timer 12
- num11 with nothing pressed
- num12 which I think can have any timer, however You can try if setting it to 0 helps in any case.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

MagPlus

Post by MagPlus » 25 Sep 2014 16:37

In order to make cut cameras in a sequence, you MUST start your sequence by a camera with number 0. Starting with number 1 never worked for me. No need for dummy cameras ;)

So, for example with a 3 cameras sequence where 2nd camera jumps to 3rd one, you should have :

- cam 1:0 with OCB 6 pressed (to avoid last cam to return to Lara, crossing walls)
- cam 1:1 with OCB 7 pressed and Timer 2 (jump to following camera #2)
- cam 1:2 with nothing special pressed or 8 and a timer value to make a pause at the end (900 for example for 3 seconds)

Dummy cameras with heavytriggers are used to jump from a sequence to another one. For example cam 1:12 jumping to cam 2:1

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 25 Sep 2014 17:00

MagPlus wrote:In order to make cut cameras in a sequence, you MUST start your sequence by a camera with number 0. Starting with number 1 never worked for me.
OPPOSITE to the title level flyby! :biker: :biker: :biker: This is probably the most important level editing tip I got this year. If I knew it earlier, it would have saved me many hours of trial and error. Thank You :)
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN