TRLE for mac.

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Dwight

TRLE for mac.

Post by Dwight » 26 Jul 2014 02:05

Is trle and/or ngle available for mac? The actual level editor. I've seen some custom levels that had a mac compatibility, so I wanted to know if it was available for mac.
If a condition says it is true, and if a condition claims it is true; the condition IS true." ------ Dwight Clemons

eTux
Mod
Mod

Re: TRLE for mac.

Post by eTux » 26 Jul 2014 22:47

I would say "no" to NGLE/TRNG/TREP or anything of that level of customization, provided you don't run them in a Windows environment - but the level editor itself has been available for the Mac since at least 2001, I think. Since the original PC TRLE is freely (and legally) downloadable from the web - I would assume somewhere there's an equal chance to get a Mac editor (apart from purchasing it), but I can't vouch for this. If a google-search doesn't help you further, maybe some of our resident Mac users can shed some light on this?

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 26 Jul 2014 23:24

The best site to find anything about a Mac and TR is this one:

http://www.users.on.net/~macraider/
Oops, I did it again... Image

Dwight

Post by Dwight » 27 Jul 2014 04:42

Can I use mac boot camp to run windows on it? So far I've been using a windows computer at a local library for it (and putting files into clouds; which is such a hassle), but I've heard mac boot camp can run windows 8 doesn't it? My mac has boot camp version 5.1, but I've never used it.
If a condition says it is true, and if a condition claims it is true; the condition IS true." ------ Dwight Clemons

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » 28 Jul 2014 18:01

I've been using Windows7 on bootcamp4.0. Most of all official and custom Tomb Raider works fine. But I've needed to install a keyboard driver for Windows, because Apple keyboard layout is different from Windows.
Blacksheep

Dwight

Post by Dwight » 29 Jul 2014 09:55

Okay, so it looks like I'll be able to do it then. That's good! And about the keyboard driver, where could I download that at? Since you said the layout is different.

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » 29 Jul 2014 12:36

Hi, China Parks.

I've heard that a keyboard layout is different from country to country so you are better to trying Tomb raiding you want to do before downloading a driver. I've purchased "AppleK Pro for 8/7 64bit". Links here. But it's only Japanese version...?

Did you go to MacRaider? This site is very useful for all Mac "Tomb" Raiders! :D
Blacksheep

Dwight

Post by Dwight » 29 Jul 2014 23:20

I did see macraider, but I didn't see any download. I saw some walkthrough downloads, savegame downloads.

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » 30 Jul 2014 01:06

Do you have Windows vista or 7, 8...OS package? First, you will prepare for installing Windows OS that can be placed on your BootCamp version. In MacRaider, there're a lot of imformation and TIPS for playing TR games both official and custom. There are no download links for some share applications. I wanted to build my custom level, so needed to fitting some Win key setting to Apple's. And I can use Apple key shortcuts when I'm using Win by driver. It's vesy usefull for me, but not essential for anyone, I think.
Sorry my poor English.
Blacksheep

Dwight

Post by Dwight » 30 Jul 2014 02:42

I have an widnows 8 os package. Could I connect a usb-windows type keyboard to the mac's usb port, and use it like that?

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » 30 Jul 2014 12:09

I have an widnows 8 os package. Could I connect a usb-windows type keyboard to the mac's usb port, and use it like that?
It sounds good. You don't need to worry about key layout. :D
Blacksheep

Dwight

Post by Dwight » 31 Jul 2014 19:28

thank-you! :D