Mess with Animated Textures of Train Level

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Alex Chap

Mess with Animated Textures of Train Level

Post by Alex Chap » 12 Jul 2014 14:28

After many experiments and research on Internet, I still can't properly animate the textures of my train level.

I've already build a train level and have managed to correctly animated the rails textures.

Now I want all textures like fluid, but I can't create a difference in vision between the ground and the rails scrolling : All textures parade at the same time, it's epileptic. I've seen this is the 6 first textures that are supposed to work and I use them.

I manage the speed and the objects of the train, but this is the only problem that I meet.

How to solve it ? :?

Thanks. :)

Dwight

Re: Mess with Animated Textures of Train Level

Post by Dwight » 12 Jul 2014 22:06

Do you have UVrotate enabled in your script, with a value of speed of scrolling textures?

EX: UVrotate: 11 And did you animate the textures in the room editor.
If a condition says it is true, and if a condition claims it is true; the condition IS true." ------ Dwight Clemons

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 12 Jul 2014 22:17

Yes, the script is like this:

Train= Enabled
UVRotate= 8
(or 11 is the same)

And the 6 first textures of the TGA file are animated together, except that in the game it makes it very ugly and epileptic.

What can I do ? :(

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 14 Jul 2014 19:14

If you use TRNG, I suppose you use this tutorial: http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/tuts2/trainlevels.htm

And I know that the level should be almost exactly in the middle of the global map - the picture in the tuturial shows it incorrectly in the bottom corner. If my memory serves me it's y= 53-55 in the coordinates for the individual blocks. You know your level is in the right place, when everything shakes slightly in game - as if Lara is aboard a moving train.

Some years ago I made a very simple train "level" - just for experiments. It's made in the original editor. If you want to, you can have a copy of it.

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 14 Jul 2014 19:40

This is the tutorial that helped me to train level and I use TRNG.

I have 3 connected rooms (4x5, 3x5, 4x5), the middle room is placed in an X axis and not in an Y axis, its data are 49-51, apparently it works well.

But the problem seems to come from the TGA, the first 6 textures are animated together like the tutorial requests. With this, there is not a sort of transparency where the rails are supposed to scroll. Should I apply a particular texture ?

Pity, I think I'll have to tweak it to animate the textures or give up the scrolling function. And, does anyone know where to get the objects or architecture necessary for this kind of level ? There is nothing with the Michiel's project except the TGA file. :?
Otherwise I would have you send me your project, Fluen. :)

(The TGA looks like this) :
Attachments
TGA Train.JPG
TGA Train.JPG (8.2 KiB) Viewed 1334 times

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 15 Jul 2014 17:29

So your textures animate rather than scroll?

That problem isn't mentioned in the tuturial. Maybe a tuturial about waterfalls and scrolling textures is of more help here. Perhaps this one: http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/ngleanimating2.htm

I don't use TRNG. But in the original editor it is important to define the scrolling textures as the very first set of animating textures. So perhaps you should try to delete all animating ranges, save, reload the project and then set the animation range for the six train-textures as the very first range. Remember, the six textures must be set as one complete range. After that you should be able to define other animating ranges - like water and such.

You should only apply the black horizon texture to the bottom of the level. I think you also have to set the room properties to "outdoor". And remember that single room with the scrolling textures applied to the floor. Perhaps you should also place a waterfall object there. I have seen that done. It just has to be there, not to be triggered.

I have tried to come up with all various solutions for the scrolling problem. Scrolling is sometimes excentric; and I've had my share of problems with that.

Good luck. Let me know if it helps.