Compatibilities with TRNG, TREP & FLEP.

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Alex Chap

Compatibilities with TRNG, TREP & FLEP.

Post by Alex Chap » 03 Jul 2014 17:19

Here's my new problem:

I am now embarked on the use of Tomb Raider Next Generation for better visuals.

But, there is one thing that makes me ask many questions :

I would like to know how to edit the functions that I edited using TREP (Bars, HP, Damages ...) with NG. There are apparently some scripts that are needed.

For now I'm doing a bit with FLEP, but I feel very limited me. :?

Somebody can help me ? :anxious:

Titak

Re: Compatibilities with TRNG, TREP & FLEP.

Post by Titak » 04 Jul 2014 11:55

With Customize= CUST_BAR you can edit bars.
In combination with FLEP "stylish static bars" you can make gradient bars like in TRC.

Check NG-Center Reference for more info on the Customize= and CUST_BAR script commands.
Btw, NG-Center Reference will be your new bible so to speak. There's a whole lot of info in there. :2thumbsup:
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 06 Jul 2014 17:49

Thank you Titak, I could see the many possibilities that TRNG allows. :2thumbsup:

But I'm a little lost in the data to enter into the scripts, for example to customize the bars, we must enter "Customize=CUST_BAR," but then I don't know what to put, knowing that it's the life bar that i want to change now. There is apparently some data as "$ 0000" or "BAR_HEALTH" to enter.

There are even other data such as position X, Y, and among the enemies, there are FRAGS. :anxious:

What does this mean ? :(

Titak

Post by Titak » 07 Jul 2014 10:01

Like I said, NG-Center is your new bible now.
There a tab called REFERENCE. When you click on it it'll open the MNEMONIC CONSTANTS list by default.
This is the list of ALL the script commands that can be used in teh different fields of the old and new script line.
To find the stuff about customizing bars, you scroll down this list to CUST_BAR. Highlight it and info on how to use it will be shown in teh green field at the bottom of the screen.

The syntax is:
Customize=CUST_BAR, BarType (BAR_...), FlagsBar (FBAR_...), XOrigin, YOrigin, XSize, YSize, IdColor1, IdColor2, Extra
  • CUST_BAR is obviously about customizing a bar.
  • BAR_*** indicates which bar you want to change (air, sprint, load, health, etc) adn the different BAR_** you can use are also listed in the MNEMONIC CONSTANTS list
  • FBAR_*** is about either showing a bar name (if it is a custom bar) or to change the animation in the sound bar.
  • XOrigin and YOrigin determine the position of the bar on the screen.
  • XSize, YSize determine the size of the bar
  • IdColor1, IdColor2 determine the colours of the bar, The colours are taken from the ColorRGB= entries you have to add above the Customize=CUST_BAR commands.
  • Extra is not alway needed so carefully read the info in NG-Center to see if it is needed in some case.
An example of an airbar and healthbar:
ColorRGB= 1, 36, 100, 166 ;airbar colour
ColorRGB= 2, 82,50,100 ;airbar colour
ColorRGB= 3, 130, 55, 60 ;healthbar colour
Customize= CUST_BAR, BAR_AIR, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 100, 10, 1, 2, IGNORE ;airbar colour
Customize= CUST_BAR, BAR_HEALTH, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 100, 10, 3, 2, IGNORE ;healthbar colour

As you can see I'm not using FBAR_***, XOrigin and YOrigin so I put IGNORE in those fields. You can't skip fields by leaving them empty if you don't want to put anything in them! You always have to put in IGNORE or -1 them then. Unless NG-Center tells you otherwise.
100 and 10 is the size of my new airbar and it uses ColorRGB= 1 and 2 for the colours.
The healthbar uses coulors 3 and 2.
Find a ColorRGB= description in the SCRIP NEW commands in NG-Center Reference.
ColorRGB 2 is on the left side of the bar when also using FLEP "Stylish static bars".
If you are not using the FLEP patch the ColorRGB 2 will be the background colour: the color it fades to at the bottm and top of the bar. It is black by default.

Btw, there's also an example tutorial project on the TRNG homepage with some bars in it.
It is wise to get all teh sample projects to see how Paolone is using some of the stuff, including scripting.
Quite usefull. :D
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 07 Jul 2014 13:40

Everything works fine now with your help and others manuals on the Internet ! :2thumbsup:

Many Thanks !! :made: