Really annoying bug?

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Alexandre Simões

Really annoying bug?

Post by Alexandre Simões » 20 Jun 2014 19:02

Ok, so seeing as my nevada level is almost finished ( :D ) I asked Jorge22 to have a look and betatest the darn thing, and I have noticed a problem. There is a room that has a flame emitter 2, I think, and it has to be antitriggered so a lever can be pulled. But after the lever is pulled and lara strolls away, it somehow gets reactivated. Keep in mind the trigger (or the antitrigger, to be more specific) is a heavyantitrigger, and a block has to be pushed to a certain square to activate the antitrigger. All fine and dandy, and I wouldn't even mind the fact that the flame gets relit, as it's not needed after the lever is pulled, except another thing happens every time the flame goes back on: All of the cameras in the game malfunction, which of course ruins the whole experience. It's not like I have a whole lot of cameras ingame, but the ones that are there are important to the gameplay, and when the heavyantitrigger is activated and then for some reason deactivated, every time a camera should show up, it either doesn't get shown at all, or it shows the camera for a fraction of a second, and then it snaps back to lara like nothing's happened. :hammer: Why? Whyyyyyy? Help, please? :?

Fluen

Re: Really annoying bug?

Post by Fluen » 20 Jun 2014 19:13

I know the split-second camera tends to appear if a rollingball rests on a trigger or a camera hovers above a trigger (which has nothing to do with the camera).

Could it be that a camera is located above the trigger for that flame? Or could it be it has nothing to do with that flame-emitter and is caused by a rollingball released about the time, when the puzzle for the flame and the switch above it is done?

You better check your level for rollingballs and make sure they have all rolled past the triggers. Or you should anti-trigger them - that should also work.

Alexandre Simões

Post by Alexandre Simões » 20 Jun 2014 19:25

That one does have a rollingball, but that camera (the one where the flame emitter was deactivated, that has a leverswitch) works fine. All the other cameras ingame get screwed up for no reason after the flame gets relit. Please keep in mind that the other cameras aren't set up with the rollingball trick, and they're fixed cameras, so it's not a problem with the guns...

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 24 Jun 2014 18:03

It's not a matter about a camera set up by a rollingball. It's a matter about a rollingball resting on any trigger. Or a camera hovering above a trigger it has nothing to do with.

I still suggest you check your level.

Alexandre Simões

Post by Alexandre Simões » 01 Jul 2014 02:01

Ok, thanks. I was struggling with the whole thing so I just replaced it with a different setting of cameras :-P Everything is fine now :D