Title Image

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Alexandre Simões

Title Image

Post by Alexandre Simões » 20 Jun 2014 16:37

Ok, so I have a possibly very simple question :-o How do I change the title flyby to a static image (in case you're wondering, that of of the tr3 title). If I have to convert anything, can't it just be downloaded from like skribblerz instead? Thanks :D

Titak

Re: Title Image

Post by Titak » 20 Jun 2014 18:40

Background images, like it was done in TR3, is only possible with TRNG (through some easy enough scripting).

If you are not using TRNG, the only other option is to dicide the background image into texturetiles and apply those to a simple box room. Point a camera at it and you're all set.

So which are you using? :D
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.

Alexandre Simões

Post by Alexandre Simões » 20 Jun 2014 18:52

Oh :-o So I guess I'm kind of in trouble :P I'm using the original editor (easier, IMO :D), but it has it's limitations :( I don't know if the camera thing would work well, it's just too hard to predict :-P

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 20 Jun 2014 19:04

If there are no flyby cameras in the title, things will be seen from Lara's position, which makes for a very stable camera with no trouble. So you could cut your picture into smaller textures and texture a wall with them. Then place Lara at the best view-point.

As far as I know Lara will stay put at exactly that position - if you put her in thin air, that is where she stays and where the view will be seen from.

EDIT: I also think TREP (the patch for the TRLE) has an option to enable title-pictures like TR1-3, but I know nothing about how.