Another problem...

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Colin_B

Another problem...

Post by Colin_B » 12 Jun 2014 21:24

I've got an audio problem with my levels. I constructed four levels but I did them out of order. Level one is a converted city wad, level two is a converted cleopal wad. etc. I want my levels to go in order and the player has to go through each of them. I decided to move the levels around and I took the city wad and copied it into the tut1 wad and so on. Now when I build the level I get a few errors: "File not found tr3 sound (some numbers).wav". Although the level plays fine some sounds like Lara splashing into the water are gone. What's causing this problem and how do I fix it?

Colin_B

Re: Another problem...

Post by Colin_B » 12 Jun 2014 22:13

Oh, I forgot to copy the sounds from my new enemies into the sounds sample folder. Now I don't get the error message anymore when building the level but the enemies are still silent... What's wrong now?

EssGee
Mod
Mod

Post by EssGee » 13 Jun 2014 08:08

It is 100% fixable. The method depends how you want to approach the problem. You have to learn to use one of the Sound editing programs. Sapper's TRLE Sound Editor is my recommendation and it comes with a tutorial. If your enemy contains TR3 sounds then that will be the problem.
It's Tomb Raider Jim... but not as we know it. :evil:

Colin_B

Post by Colin_B » 13 Jun 2014 19:26

It's alright. I re-loaded the enemies into my wad and everything's okay.