Going crazy here...

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Alexandre Simões

Going crazy here...

Post by Alexandre Simões » 18 May 2014 14:07

Ok, so let's get all nostalgic about the original editor. Remember those fun times building with it? Well, remember those times when the editor went insane and started to screw your level up»? Of course you do. So here's the thing, I'm working with the original, and created a flipmap to make a room 'blow up'. I had the original, and then created a flipped room and modified the terrain. BUT, the editor seems to disagree as to which room should be the flipped room. So the original room appears as the flipped room. And the flipped room appears as the original room. Also, if I try to modify anything close to a 'door' (portal), it resets when I select draw doors. I've pulled enough of my hair out, so I thought maybe you guys could lend me a hand? :D Thanks.

Fluen

Re: Going crazy here...

Post by Fluen » 19 May 2014 15:33

May I suggest you simply revert the triggers for the flipped/unflipped room?

If the "normal" room is now the flipped room, you just start the level with a fliproom-trigger under Lara. Later when you need the damaged room, you just use a flipoff-trigger.

But all door-portals should be in place before you make the flipped room. In worst case you have to delete the flipped room and make it once more, after you have made the proper door-portals. I tend to change my mind all the time, while I build, and flipmaps are not nice to my kind of builder.

Titak

Post by Titak » 19 May 2014 19:26

Also, if I try to modify anything close to a 'door' (portal), it resets when I select draw doors.
I ran into this issue myself not so long ago and then I remember having had it in the past as well.
I solved it, in both cases, by also including the connected rooms in the flipmap. :D
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.

Alexandre Simões

Post by Alexandre Simões » 19 May 2014 20:53

I solved it, in both cases, by also including the connected rooms in the flipmap. :D
Like, flipping the connected rooms too? Also, I'll try to to flip it in the begining. Thanks :D

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 19 May 2014 21:18

Do not flip out. :lol:

Titak

Post by Titak » 20 May 2014 17:45

Alexandre Simões wrote:
Like, flipping the connected rooms too?
Exactly. :D
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.

Alexandre Simões

Post by Alexandre Simões » 20 May 2014 20:13

Do not flip out. :lol:
:P Clever :D
Exactly. :D
Ok, thanks :D