builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

STORMY

sky color layers with open horizon

Post by STORMY » 12 Apr 2014 17:46

wRONG SKY COLOR.jpg
wromg sky color,want grey not blue
wRONG SKY COLOR.jpg (5.69 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
Ive looked for days now for clues but only found a good raw file editor and how to script the layers and horizon .You cans ee in the picture i made the top of the Nepal horizon transparent and want to make it grey and stormy ..i love the moving clouds effect.I am beginning to think i cannot make it grey to match the hotizon object...ive managed to get it fairly white but not grey.Here is my script ,a work in progress
Name= Ancients of the Arctic
Legend= Somewhere in the Arctic Mountains
Horizon= enabled
ColAddHorizon=Enabled
Layer1= 150,150,150,4
Layer2= 175,175,175,16
SNOW= SNOW_ALL_OUTSIDE
Fog= 255,255,255
FogRange= -16,25
LevelFarView=127

if anyone has any suggestions for how to make the sky grey keeping the open top horizon i have so ican use the cloud effects..Id appreciate it so much.I really did search online every where..perhaps i didnt look long enough..but thanks just the same! Im suing Tut1 wad,too highly modified though with wadmerger
Attachments
wRONG SKY COLOR.jpg
wRONG SKY COLOR.jpg (5.69 KiB) Viewed 1306 times

EssGee
Mod
Mod

Re: sky color layers with open horizon

Post by EssGee » 13 Apr 2014 08:20

I'm guessing your sky texture - tut1.raw is blue sky coloured. Maybe use a grey sky raw instead.

Your layer colour values look ok.
tut1.jpg
tut1.jpg (21.88 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
tut1grey.jpg
tut1grey.jpg (21.94 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
It's Tomb Raider Jim... but not as we know it. :evil:

STORMY

Post by STORMY » 13 Apr 2014 15:04

Hi essgee, thanks for your reply.I am embarrassed to admit I do not know how to get/create/change the color of the raw file.My raw file viewer only lets me see the image apparently.I bet its simple enough though.Now unfortunately the sky has turned black.It did this once before but i corrected it by simply removing the nepal horizon.I was going to go with the whitish sky and no horizon.Now its black again but i do not recall making any new changes.However it might be related to trying to utilize the picsky raw file which im not qualified enough to mess with.I appreciate your advice and time.You have helped me so many times in the last ten years,both directly and indirectly,so thank you! Ive never completed a level because i just like world creating and have trouble in the puzzle idea department.I hope someday to co-produce a level with someone with great game producing skills.Maybe you? lol..i kid...i have a ways to go before I can do that but maybe a newer game designer who is in the same boat as me. Thanks again.

STORMY

Post by STORMY » 18 Apr 2014 18:25

:hammer: this is embarrassing but the greyscale sky graphic essgee posted in his response..(thank you essgee)..is this supposed to be used?Or was it just an example.I think it was meant to be used but I'm not sure how?I know it has to do with a raw file? I know i am dense...but any advice would be appreciated! My level is coming along and I hope to get someone who has some technical skills in puzzles and gameplay design to join me in making this level...:) I can post some screenies of my level so far and a storyline privately if anyone;s curious? If not,no problem,I will someday figure out the finer technical details of game design.:)

EssGee
Mod
Mod

Post by EssGee » 19 Apr 2014 00:57

You are welcome to use it. But you need to convert it to raw file format. I guess that's the bit you are having a problem with. I can't post a raw file directly here. PM me.
It's Tomb Raider Jim... but not as we know it. :evil: