baboon gone wild

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

mugs
Admin
Admin

baboon gone wild

Post by mugs » 29 Nov 2011 16:23

I believe there is a way to change a baboon's (baboon_normal slot) behavior by adjusting the script data for the "enemy". I studied the info which suggests that the default argument (hope that's the right term) is 70 and that the range is 0-127 (and beyond that I am uncertain what script data is needed). I want the baboon to go after Lara aggressively if that's possible. Can someone help me with the correct script line. Thanks so much.
Of doggie candle fame!

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Re: baboon gone wild

Post by Raymond » 29 Nov 2011 16:32

You can change the damage of the hit by the baboon with this, but you can´t change the behaviour. See Enemy-command in the reference.

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 29 Nov 2011 16:42

yes, ok. ......sentence edited......

Enemy = Baboon_Normal, 127,IGNORE,IGNORE

edit: I had a question about NEF, but you have already stated that behavior can't be changed so I'm thinking "IGNORE" is the correct value here.
Of doggie candle fame!

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 29 Nov 2011 19:24

Enemy=Slot, HP (vitality), NEF_ flags, TombFlags (TCF_...), EXTRA_ flags, Damage1, Damage2, Damage3
Obviously you use a wrong syntax. You set the HP to 127, but you want to set Damage1 with this value. So give the correct value for every argument of the command.
The NEF-flags describe some general properties of a enemy(see reference), but non is about something like aggessiveness.

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 29 Nov 2011 20:06

ok. Thank you, Raymond. I see nothng about vitality in the chart for baboons so I will try "IGNORE" for that value ( and each of the others that are not used) as well, I guess.
Of doggie candle fame!

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 29 Nov 2011 21:20

Yep, for each argument you don´t want to change you set IGNORE or -1.
TREP has a list of the default enemyHP´s. But you also can easily check the enemy HP by copying it´s HP-value from it´s item memory zone to a common variable (the basics about variables see in Paolones Vaiables tut) and check it with Diagnostics on screen.

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 06 Dec 2011 20:38

I assume you use the common friendly baboon. Now I don't know how much can be done with NGLE, but I do know, that the baboon came as one out of three. One had no sounds and the other was almost invisible. Both were aggressive.

If you want a baboon, which is aggressive from the very beginning, I suggest you retexture the invisible baboon with the textures from the friendly one and use that one. I think it's named baboon_inv.

Other than that I'm unable to help.