Rufi's questions

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

rufierto

Re: Rufi's questions

Post by rufierto » 19 Jun 2014 21:13

Lakota wrote:I used this set up in Fighting Horus and Braveheart's Sword, but I put the shatter on the flame emitter, besides the shatter was big enough to avoid Lara to use the pistols.
I wanted to make sure pistols did not trigger the effect, and also when the barrel exploded, even invisible you could see it blow apart, so underground it went. :D
Rescue Dutchy!!!!

rufierto

Post by rufierto » 22 Jun 2014 00:42

I am trying to retexture a table in Strpix, which I have used before with no problems, and I cannot retexture and save without getting errors, making the wad unloadable in the editor. I have recently updated my video card, and have read that might have something to do with it. Are there settings I need to change or anyone else have any ideas. :?

edit: answered my own question again, I cannot do anything in Strpix while the poseidon statue is in the wad, it crashes when saving, but if the statue is removed, no problems.....I guess I will add that back into the wad when everything else is done. :idea:
Rescue Dutchy!!!!

rufierto

Post by rufierto » 22 Jun 2014 23:28

Yes, it is me again with another problem. I have used Paolones fish emitter before, no problems in the River Raider game. It was a piece of cake. Now , I have tried to add it to my Neptune game, and it is listed as a locust emitter, in Strpix, there are no textures for the fish, and if I try to use it in game, it says locust emitter, and she is attacked like locusts, but it looks like they are flying lara elbows or something. I am so frustrated, I have used this before and never had these problems.

eidt: I can always answer my own question once I put up a post about it. Extra slot 27..... :hammer:
Rescue Dutchy!!!!

rufierto

Post by rufierto » 15 Jan 2015 02:15

I have a shark using patrol markers swimming back and forth after it is triggered. How do I make it leave the patrol to attack Lara as she draws closer? I want to keep the patrol part at the beginning for effect. The shark should attack her when she gets within 1 square, but I want the shark to attack her sooner than that, or she could just avoid him completely. Is this possible? :dunno:
Rescue Dutchy!!!!

Titak

Post by Titak » 15 Jan 2015 18:01

I don't know anything about the AI stuff, but this question makes me wonder if AI objects can somehow be disabled so an enemy gives up his patrol or watch the moment you disable them, and not only when Lara gets (too) close.
Not sure if they can be disabled. :thinking:

Btw, are you using TRNG?
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.

justin

Post by justin » 15 Jan 2015 18:16

I'm in the same boat as Titak, I never use AI meshes. I imagine that since AI meshes don't use triggers, there is no way to turn them off. It does, however, make me wonder about using the Action trigger to move an AI mesh to alter the path. That would be cool if it works! Doesn't necessarily solve your problem, but it's something worth trying :)
Dark Skies loom...

rufierto

Post by rufierto » 15 Jan 2015 19:05

Yes I am using trng, I think that I can use a flyby camera to show the patrolling shark, and pan back towards Lara, which would use a heavy trigger to remove the patrolling shark and then on another camera, trigger another shark giving the illusion the shark has changed its course, then coming towards Lara, that is what I am trying... :idea:
Rescue Dutchy!!!!

justin

Post by justin » 15 Jan 2015 21:39

I do love that idea, im a big fan of such old school tricks :)
Dark Skies loom...

Titak

Post by Titak » 16 Jan 2015 22:45

I asked AkyV and he gave me the link to one of his tutorials.
I haven't read the chapter yet, but there should be something about AI in there: http://www.skribblerz.com/nglemanual/ngle38c.html :D

But your oldschool method might also work. :D

justin

Post by justin » 17 Jan 2015 14:17

Trying to read through the hidden trigger stuff makes my head spin :lol:
Dark Skies loom...

Titak

Post by Titak » 18 Jan 2015 10:28

I know, right? :lol:

I always check that tutorial when I'm looking for something specific.
Babysteps so to speak. :D

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 19 Jan 2015 11:08

rufierto wrote:I have a shark using patrol markers swimming back and forth after it is triggered. How do I make it leave the patrol
Titak wrote:this question makes me wonder if AI objects can somehow be disabled... I asked AkyV and he gave me the link to one of his tutorials
AkyV's tutorial does give some complicated info indeed, but what about trying to simply kill the nullmesh first? ACTION > Enemy > Kill > Remove immediately.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

Titak

Post by Titak » 19 Jan 2015 17:23

That just might work.
Works on all other stuff I've used that trigger on. :D

rufierto

Post by rufierto » 19 Jan 2015 23:57

I did what I said I was going to try, a flyby camera shows the shark, and as it turns around to zoom in on Lara, it is untriggered, and another one is triggered to replace it, giving the illusion of one shark. Works perfectly!! :2thumbsup: That hidden trigger post had my head spinning too. Might as well been written in another language. :hammer:
Rescue Dutchy!!!!

rufierto

Post by rufierto » 27 Jan 2015 16:01

I am using TRNG 1.2.2.6 version, and having an issue with a flyby camera, it is triggered when Lara is treading water, and the camera flyby is out of water, but has the appearance of being underwater with distortions. Is there a way to fix this. :huh2:
Rescue Dutchy!!!!