Disintegrated

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Disintegrated

Post by DJ Full » 12 Mar 2011 20:52

Hey. I've already posted this problem on tombraiderforums, but I decided to ask the same question here - because it's rather an "asap" for me, and I am aware some people read trle.net more often than trf.

I have a problem with ANIMATING1. After some trial and error, I finally created its meshtree, which seems to be correct:

Mesh0 - No buttons ticked
Mesh1 - Push
Mesh2 - Push
Mesh3 - No buttons ticked
Mesh4 - Pop + Push
Mesh5 - No buttons ticked
Mesh6 - Pop

This is the guy in AnimationEditor:

He looks pretty nice. However, when I try to rotate the torso mesh...
...it appears not connected to legs at all.

It looks just like the mesh was rotating around the invisible center, existing below the object... somehow.
I need more glue. And nails. Anyone knows what is wrong?
woof

Bojrkraider
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Disintegrated

Post by Bojrkraider » 12 Mar 2011 21:13

It rotates around its zero point. You must move the torso mesh in meta so its belly is at point 0,0,0. Now it looks like it's somewhere on 0.5,0,0 or something. Ofcourse you will have to move the torso back to it correct position in wadmerger and also relocate all positions of attached meshes to the torso.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 12 Mar 2011 21:38

Oh! I did it when I exported all that .dxfs for the first time...

...but then, I needed to change something, exported them once again... and that was the moment I forgot to relocate them.

(The same thing happened with spikes recently... Everytime I adjusted/exported its .dxf, I remembered to move its center to 0. Everytime... except the final export :D.)

Thank You for bringing me back on stable ground.
woof

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 13 Mar 2011 11:40

I don't seem to understand relations between alignment of particular meshes - at first, I suspected the root mesh must be at 0,0,0, but when You said "torso", which is Mesh1, I felt confused...
So I moved it there, and the remaining meshes as well... But, on the contrary, now the patient looks a little bit... overintegrated, like no transplantation could help him at all:
Bojrkraider wrote:Ofcourse you will have to move the torso back to it correct position in wadmerger and also relocate all positions of attached meshes to the torso.
I tried, but I can't move any of them.
woof

aktrekker

Post by aktrekker » 13 Mar 2011 21:02

You have to set the origin of the root mesh. All other meshes follow it.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 14 Mar 2011 13:00

Aha.
(tries)
woof

Bojrkraider
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Bojrkraider » 14 Mar 2011 21:38

Open animation box, choose no animation - so the first choice - then click one mesh and then Move sign. You can now move any mesh except mesh 0. Then check the result by clicking on Animation 1. If you see that meshes are not positioned correctly, remember which of the axis must be fixed and in which direction, then go back to no animation and move the mesh, check again the result on Animation 1. It's a bit of trial and error but at the end you should do it. You can move mesh 0 only in Animation itself (1, 2, 3,....) and ofcours all the meshes attached to it, what is basically the whole object. At the end you may choose Set position for all frames, but not Set rotation for all frames as basically replaces your animation with that one frame.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 15 Mar 2011 17:58

I copied Your tutorial into notepad and I am trying it now
woof