No Collision Problem

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Jawi

No Collision Problem

Post by Jawi » 05 Dec 2010 11:50

Does "land-to-water collision" ring a bell?
I wanted to, let's say, invert it, but in "land-to-land" type. It is placed in the cave's ceiling. For some reason Lara hits the place, where she shouldn't with her head and so it affects my gameplay. Does anybody know why?
If you want more detailed description, say it, so I'll post it with a picture or something.

Skyld

Re: No Collision Problem

Post by Skyld » 07 Dec 2010 19:41

I'm assuming you mean that you went into the floor room and set the door to the ceiling room as "toggle opacity", such that you can see through it but it can't go through it, and that Lara still goes through it into the ceiling room. If this is the case then I can only assume you put the "toggle opacity" on the pit from the ceiling room to the floor room, rather than on the skylight from the floor room to the ceiling room.

If you meant something else then I think a screenshot might be in order.
carrot on a stick lol

Jawi

Post by Jawi » 11 Dec 2010 16:28

Ok, here goes a screenshot:

Lara, instead of going through the collision, bangs here head on it. I didn't use 'toggle opacity'.

aktrekker

Post by aktrekker » 12 Dec 2010 00:38

If you mean the magenta triangles with no collision, that only works if the triangles are level with the door between rooms, and they must be flat, not sloped. And if they aren't actually in the doorway you should be getting build errors. So I guess you are talking about something else?

Jawi

Post by Jawi » 12 Dec 2010 14:26

Errr... it's quite hard to explain. There are doors between the rooms (in the picture the 'draw doors' button is on) and collision isn't sloped and I don't get any build errors. I have created collision all right, but it doesn't work, I have no idea why. Collision in game is treated like square, but I want it to be a triangle.
Look here: http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/tuts2/nocollision.htm
It's a so called 'dry method'. Now look at my picture above. Can you see that it's similar? Then tell my why my doesn't work correctly, when the others work ok?

EDIT: Apparently it turned out not to be a collision error, but two rooms being in the same place. Now it's a worse problem, but at least I know what that is.