Problems with SFX!! Please urgent!!

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Dgenocroft

Problems with SFX!! Please urgent!!

Post by Dgenocroft » 24 Oct 2010 00:34

Hey, I don't know what I made wrong, but while I'm playing, the sounds aren't right
Example: While I walk, don't listen the song of the boots, but of a Lara's climb .

Please... And other question: How can I change de samples? When I change, it turns treble

Say to me if you didn't understand, i'm not american and I don't speak very well....
Thanks..... :2thumbsup:

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Problems with SFX!! Please urgent!!

Post by Matie » 24 Oct 2010 15:18

Sometimes the sounds get messed up, once it happened I could solve it by rebuilding my wad. Have you renamed your wad files? If yes you need to create new .sam and .sfx files, you can find the instructions on how to do it here. After you made and replaced them with the old ones open WADMerger's Sound Manager and tick the boxes next to the sounds you need. They should be fixed after that.

About changing the samples: make sure it's in the right format (.wav, 22050 Hz 16 bit mono), also check its line in the Samples.txt and change the pitch (more info here).

OverRaider

Post by OverRaider » 17 May 2014 02:36

Hi there, I didn`t want to open a new topic so I ask here

I have a "small" problem about sounds, In my level when Lara hit wall some strange creature sound was playing and I could solve this problem by using Magplus`s SFX Manager...well the problem about Lara sound has been solved but now I have different problem. The problem is sounds are not playing everytime I mean for example opening door when I try 10 times only 5-6 times are sounds working. All Lara`s sounds are ok. This problem are with objects (big spider in animating slot, ventilator in cog slot, doors also objects which are set up in script command to play sound while moving or rotating etc...)
Where is no challenge there is a boredom

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 17 May 2014 08:11

This is probably the fault of a lucky criterion (CH) in the basic script. See if you can remove the CH of the associated sound in the corresponding line. :2thumbsup:

OverRaider

Post by OverRaider » 26 May 2014 15:07

I checked all the CH letters in sound.txt and everithing is ok... I could solve my problem by completely rebuilding the wad, it took me lot of time but it was worth it :) thanks anyway Alex :wink:
Where is no challenge there is a boredom