Questions from beginner builder

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

daffy

Re: Questions from beginner builder

Post by daffy » 16 Feb 2011 16:07

The sounds of the zipline is ok, it's the ones I was looking for. :2thumbsup:

I tried in my level and I intend the sound of his zipline, boredom is that I along with another sound that I had not before, cries of Lara in a loop for down ! :-o

Here, I have 2 solutions. 1: I take a sleeping pill and sleep for 2 days. 2: I take my pc and I threw it out the window ! :banghead:
Thank you for excusing the poverty of my English, sometimes I have me even the trouble to understand me... ! :dunno:

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 16 Feb 2011 16:39

daffy wrote:The sounds of the zipline is ok, it's the ones I was looking for. :2thumbsup:

I tried in my level and I intend the sound of his zipline, boredom is that I along with another sound that I had not before, cries of Lara in a loop for down ! :-o

Here, I have 2 solutions. 1: I take a sleeping pill and sleep for 2 days. 2: I take my pc and I threw it out the window ! :banghead:
Take the pc and I threw it out the window ! :lol:
I think you need to learn how to use screamer providing you also have virtual win xp mode available on your pc
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

daffy

Post by daffy » 16 Feb 2011 17:18

bedazzled wrote:Take the pc and I threw it out the window ! :lol:
This is already done, I use my second pc ! :D
bedazzled wrote:I think you need to learn how to use screamer providing you also have virtual win xp mode available on your pc
"screamer", actually I do not know, I'll put my nose, thank you ! :wink:
Thank you for excusing the poverty of my English, sometimes I have me even the trouble to understand me... ! :dunno:

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 16 Feb 2011 18:54

I've got a Lara object which works with all 3 objects I just need to get the zip line sounds to work with the wad :)

daffy

Post by daffy » 16 Feb 2011 19:45

bedazzled wrote:I've got a Lara object which works with all 3 objects I just need to get the zip line sounds to work with the wad :)
If you manage to run the 3 sets is great, I say thank you in advance! :2thumbsup:

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 16 Feb 2011 20:20

Success I'll pm you the link to the working wad :)

EDIT PM sent :2thumbsup:

daffy

Post by daffy » 17 Feb 2011 10:33

bedazzled wrote:Success I'll pm you the link to the working wad :)

EDIT PM sent :2thumbsup:
Very good, 3 objects walk very well in same WAD, him too extremely the friend Bedazzled ! :up:

daffy

Post by daffy » 24 Feb 2011 22:22

Hello,

I stuck on a problem of sound in my level "jump_switch is sadly silent. :|

When I look at it alone with Wadmerger, I see the need for the "Leap_Switch" is enabled (see picture to understand me). The trouble is that in the wad level (or I added this Jump_switch) this line does not appear.

I have tried to look with Screamer, but here I must confess that I do not understand much! :-P

Some suggestions could certainly help me! :wink:

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 24 Feb 2011 22:44

Sounds like (excuse the pun!) your level is missing that sound slot. Do you know how to edit sound using the sound.txt file (I believe that is the name, it is located in the sfx folder)? If so I would stay with that. WADMerger's sound manager is not very stable. :( I do not know how to use screamer.

Whatever sound ID your level is using in sound.txt, add it to the jump switch sound slot. Or an easier method would be to add #g to the sound slot, thereby adding it to all levels. Then compile your .sam and .sfx files.

daffy

Post by daffy » 24 Feb 2011 23:45

Thank you Jesse, :)

I tried what you suggest, adding a # g in sound.txt a result of the line Leap_Switch. To compile I change the "SFX_Example.bat" who work with my level ....
Result: A nice blend of sound in level, for example, when Lara is running noises of "plinth blade" that sound is very original! :lol:

Fortunately I have a backup! :-P

It's hell these stories sound, or why it simple as can be complicated ! :bomb:

daffy

Post by daffy » 25 Feb 2011 03:41

Well, finally you should not try to find a complicated solution, I simply was looking for another "Jump_Switch" on the web and replaced the first one that made no noise. Since it's ok! :D

daffy

Post by daffy » 26 Feb 2011 01:12

Hello,

I collect decidedly problems sounds (sfx), All my level of noise are present and ok. The trouble is that now there are failures.
For example, if I make Lara dive 5 times in water, it will do well "plop" four times, but the fifth time ... no noise! :(
I have the same concern with other sounds. :roll:

All this is beyond my abilities, any idea is welcome! :D

Edit : I just spent a good part of the night studying "Screamer" and I begin to understand its use and the method to use to solve my problem. I should be able to get by, eventually I'll come back if I see you stuck ! :wink:

daffy

Post by daffy » 27 Feb 2011 01:48

Hello,

I managed to solve my problems sounds with Screamer. The longest is to list the numbers of sounds used in the Wad (we do not find elsewhere all with Wadmerger/Animation Editor). Having thus recreate the files ".sam and. sfx" with Screamer there was a lot of sounds to reactivate with Wadmerger! In short, Screamer roughing work and finishes must be! :-P

Finally, my problems are solved is the main, Daffy congratulations ! :lol:

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 27 Feb 2011 10:23

:2thumbsup: Nice one Daffy lots of people can't get their heads around using screamer, but it's easy once you take the time to learn it :wink:

Just build your final wad, use screamer to create the new sound files and you have a finished wad with the correct working sounds, even sounds from TR2 or TR3 :)

daffy

Post by daffy » 27 Feb 2011 12:59

bedazzled wrote::2thumbsup: Nice one Daffy lots of people can't get their heads around using screamer, but it's easy once you take the time to learn it :wink:

Just build your final wad, use screamer to create the new sound files and you have a finished wad with the correct working sounds, even sounds from TR2 or TR3 :)
Thank you! :D The biggest problem is who (what object) uses what (What a sound), Once we know this is easy .... otherwise it's still a little puzzle! :bomb: