Questions from beginner builder

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

daffy

Re: Questions from beginner builder

Post by daffy » 07 Feb 2011 17:25

Raymond wrote:Which trng version do you have? If you have the wadmerger path in the NG_Center, then the objects.h gets also updated with each trng update, if necessary. Otherwise you would need to copy the objects.h from the trle-folder to the wadmerger-folder and not the other way round.
Wadmerger states yet (in the readme) to file updates with the trle object.h provided! :?

I am looking to do the opposite, thank you Raymond ! :wink:
Thank you for excusing the poverty of my English, sometimes I have me even the trouble to understand me... ! :dunno:

daffy

Post by daffy » 07 Feb 2011 17:32

Good work! :2thumbsup:

Bedazzled tells me the right direction but by reading the contrary in the readme Wadmerger, I thought of a translation problem! :-P

Thank you both! :wink:
Thank you for excusing the poverty of my English, sometimes I have me even the trouble to understand me... ! :dunno:

daffy

Post by daffy » 07 Feb 2011 18:19

Following my tests and of course this does not happen as I want! :(

So I used the "parallel_bars" and when Lara jumps to hang himself at the helm, it is not the right move, it stops, knit with hands and falls.
I tried changing the values of the OCB of the bar but nothing changes! :roll:

Help please ! :D

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 07 Feb 2011 18:52

Does your Lara object have the parallel bar animations, ie anim 461, 462, 463 ? if not copy the Lara object from Paolone's sample project into your wad. :wink:
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

daffy

Post by daffy » 07 Feb 2011 19:38

bedazzled wrote:Does your Lara object have the parallel bar animations, ie anim 461, 462, 463 ? if not copy the Lara object from Paolone's sample project into your wad. :wink:
Well, I must dig a little head to understand, I have not studied the animations too ... it's time to tackle it! :idea:

Thank you ! :wink:

daffy

Post by daffy » 08 Feb 2011 00:09

Well I got, my "parallel_bars" working well... after some tinkering anyway (The animations were actually misplaced) ! :)

daffy

Post by daffy » 11 Feb 2011 17:25

Hello,

It is possible to have objetcts " tightrope " and "Zipline" in same Wad. With Wadmerger I see only the slot DEATH_SLIDE only one ?

Thank you in advance ! :wink:

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 11 Feb 2011 19:01

Your using Windows 7 64 bit like me, the tight rope does not show in the wadmerger window I think it's a bug even though it's in the strings H file. I'll install wadmerger in Virtual xp mode and come back to you.
EDIT
Yes it's a bug with wadmerger and Windows 7 64 bit, even in virtual xp mode none of the chronicles objects are named. The tighrope null mesh appears to be EXTRA_SLOT 16 and the actual rope object appears to be EXTRA_SLOT 07.

To answer your original question yes you can have both in the same wad.

daffy

Post by daffy » 11 Feb 2011 19:53

Ok, I think to understand problem, supporting it is needed I study this closely to find a way to put 2 in my wad.

I thank you for your answer ! :wink:

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 11 Feb 2011 22:32

daffy wrote:Ok, I think to understand problem, supporting it is needed I study this closely to find a way to put 2 in my wad.

I thank you for your answer ! :wink:
After further testing just copy them into your wad, in the level editor they have the correct names :)

daffy

Post by daffy » 12 Feb 2011 01:33

Yes, I managed to add the tightrope in my Wad and see in the editor.
I already had the "zipline"and "swingpole. Both sets worked fine! :)

After adding the tightrope with Wadmerger. The operation of swingpole to change. Lara clings well to the first bar, but no way to catch the second. I tried different distance, nothing to do. I'm here for now .... That may be a problem animations, 3 have "LARA" to load, not sure if the slots are ok! (Simple assumption)
Note, I have not tested the "tightrope"

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 12 Feb 2011 02:16

There is a confirmed bug \ problem with the swing poles and TRNG the 2nd pole must be placed 2 clicks higher than the first for Lara to catch it. :wink:

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 12 Feb 2011 12:41

Confirmed bug? Not at all!
This is dependent on the distance of the bars/bars-OCB and the animations used.

daffy

Post by daffy » 12 Feb 2011 15:40

bedazzled wrote:There is a confirmed bug \ problem with the swing poles and TRNG the 2nd pole must be placed 2 clicks higher than the first for Lara to catch it. :wink:
I have not grown! :-P

I have the second bar 2 double higher than the first. Before adding the tightrope, it worked well.

For information, I use objects made here: http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/tuts2/zi ... gpoles.htm the zipline, swing pole and tightrope. And the animations that go with it!

Zipline and swingpole: ok
Zipline and swingpole + tightrope: It seems that there is a small problem somewhere between the 3, I will not speculate to say more ! :)
Raymond wrote:Confirmed bug? Not at all!
This is dependent on the distance of the bars/bars-OCB and the animations used.
Raymond, there are values to put in the OCB ?

EDIT :I confirm that there is a problem of animation between the 3 elements, I just tested the Zipline and I have the movement trightrope; not cool! The purpose of LARA trightrope is obviously not ok to work with the first 2 ! :?

Titak

Post by Titak » 12 Feb 2011 19:43

Then your animations aren't in the right slots because with TRNG you can use both zipline and tightrope in one level.

You can't do this with the old TRLE setup which is described in the tutorial you linked to.
Because in the old TRLE setup the Death-slide object is used for both zipline and tightrope and because of that the setups share the same animation slots.
So the LARA object provided with that tutorial is not compatible with the TRNG setup.

To get the animations in the right place it is best to get the LARA object from the tutorial/demo by Paolone which contaisn the tightrope.
http://www.trlevelmanager.net/demos.htm
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.