Questions from beginner builder

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

bedazzled

Re: Questions from beginner builder

Post by bedazzled » 27 Feb 2011 14:31

daffy wrote: Thank you! :D The biggest problem is who (what object) uses what (What a sound), Once we know this is easy .... otherwise it's still a little puzzle! :bomb:
Sometimes the sounds used by an object are attached to Lara's animation for using that object and not the actual object itself :wink:
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

daffy

Post by daffy » 27 Feb 2011 20:45

I pointed out what you I explain me and understand it well for weapon, torches and objects manipulated by directly by Lara.
But for example, rollingballs or teeth spikes, I searched with Wadmerger-Animation-Editor and I do not see linked sounds, it is in these cases there that I find that it is a bit break head, at least for a beginner as me ! :wink:
Thank you for excusing the poverty of my English, sometimes I have me even the trouble to understand me... ! :dunno:

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 01 Mar 2011 10:14

daffy wrote: I collect decidedly problems sounds (sfx), All my level of noise are present and ok. The trouble is that now there are failures.
For example, if I make Lara dive 5 times in water, it will do well "plop" four times, but the fifth time ... no noise! :(
I have the same concern with other sounds. :roll:
I don't think that's a failure. Many sounds have a number for chance. It means that a sound is not played every time. For example Lara's grunts, when she climbs or jumps. In sound.txt the higher number (0-100) the greater probability the sound will be played. The lower the number is, the more rarely the sound is heard.
I don't know how this looks in Screamer.

daffy

Post by daffy » 01 Mar 2011 12:36

Fluen thank you,

Actually, I met this setting "Chance" and its effects, with "teeth spikes" that were too irregular noises in screamers that this rule the same way as in Wadmerger. :wink:
Thank you for excusing the poverty of my English, sometimes I have me even the trouble to understand me... ! :dunno:

daffy

Post by daffy » 02 Mar 2011 21:51

Hello,

Here are 2 images of a fountain in the same level, I have these 2 images randomly.
Does anyone have an idea of the problem and can be ... a way to fix it?

Thank you in advance! :wink:
Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg

aktrekker

Post by aktrekker » 03 Mar 2011 05:29

I bet it's how you positioned lights around the two fountains.

daffy

Post by daffy » 03 Mar 2011 14:12

aktrekker wrote:I bet it's how you positioned lights around the two fountains.
The lights !!! :idea: ...Why not ! I will do tests to check that! :)

Thank you aktrekker ! :wink:

Accuracy: It s "does the same fountain that after the launch of the level, sometimes looks good, sometimes bad!

daffy

Post by daffy » 03 Mar 2011 16:37

Well, it seems that the lights were the reason for my concerns with the visual fountain, well seen aktrekker ! :2thumbsup:
As it was pretty random, it still asks confirmation in time. :)

daffy

Post by daffy » 05 Mar 2011 04:08

Hello,

Currently my raising_blocks make no sound, so I'd like to add one. :D

I looked with "Screamer"for what numbers they use sound as good ... but looking for a needle in a haystack :-o (for French), it can someone, please, tell me?

I confirm that my problems were far from the fountain lighting, it is still ok now! :wink:

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 05 Mar 2011 06:10

There is indeed a sound linked to raising blocks, but it is disabled by default. The sound slot is called something like RUMBLE_NEXTDOOR or something like that (wish I could remember better). If you add it to your level then you will hear a loud rumble (you may wish to turn the volume down or change the sound itself). This may be why they decided to remove it!

Just so you know that needle in a haystack idiom translated perfectly. I wasn't even aware they used it in French.

aktrekker

Post by aktrekker » 05 Mar 2011 06:14

Try 149 RUMBLE_NEXTDOOR
This might also affect oneblock and twoblock platforms.

daffy

Post by daffy » 05 Mar 2011 17:11

Jesse, Aktrekker, Thanks very much for your answers! :2thumbsup:
Jesse wrote:Just so you know that needle in a haystack idiom translated perfectly. I wasn't even aware they used it in French.
It's a chance, I wrote it mechanically without thinking of the translation. it could have been something funny for you! :)

daffy

Post by daffy » 19 Apr 2011 18:37

Hello, :)

I am testing the use of triggers and actions including moving objects with the Move "east, west, north and south". For this I used a pushable_object and no problem to make it move, it works.
Where I worry is that this one does not trigger pushable heavy trigger on his new position (unless Lara handles). My question is there any way to trigger it triggers with objects being moved that way (Without intervention by Lara) ?

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 19 Apr 2011 18:58

Try placing a FMOV_HEAVY_ALL paramater in the PARAM_MOVE_ITEM command :wink:
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

daffy

Post by daffy » 19 Apr 2011 20:37

bedazzled wrote:Try placing a FMOV_HEAVY_ALL paramater in the PARAM_MOVE_ITEM command :wink:
Euh, if you say it ! :D ... OK, I am going to try to find this, to search it is to teach ! :)

Thank you! :wink: