Questions from beginner builder

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

daffy

Re: Questions from beginner builder

Post by daffy » 12 Nov 2010 00:16

Hello,
Jesse wrote:Yes it is not always practical. A solution might be to have the items dropped by the baddies instead. Might be worth a shot. :)
Indeed, it is a solution ! :D
Drakan wrote:The baddy2 is coupled with the MESHSWAP2.
If you did not in your wad, you have to add it.
I checked, that's ok ! :)

Thank you both ! :wink:

While I think, to push the block to get a different color, can be modified in the editor but it is not seen in the game!
I think incorporating (with WADMerger) a second block to push in the WAD and then modify it with Strpix.
The trouble is that WADMerger does not indented block, it replaces the first!

Any ideas please ? :D
Thank you for excusing the poverty of my English, sometimes I have me even the trouble to understand me... ! :dunno:

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 12 Nov 2010 06:18

When copying objects in WADMerger, try holding the shift key when you press the copy button. This lets you specify a slot for your object. In this case you would pick a new pushable object slot, to not replace the other one. :)
While I think, to push the block to get a different color, can be modified in the editor but it is not seen in the game!
Those light settings can only be used for static objects, not movable objects. It is good to know the difference between these two objects. Static objects are the objects used for decoration and do not animate. They are at the bottom of the object list and start with the names "plant", "rock", etc.

daffy

Post by daffy » 12 Nov 2010 13:56

Hi Jesse,
Jesse wrote:When copying objects in WADMerger, try holding the shift key when you press the copy button. This lets you specify a slot for your object.
That's what I did not know, it should be better now ! :)

For the difference between animated objects and decorative ones (fixed) I am quickly preview !

Thank you teacher ! :D
Thank you for excusing the poverty of my English, sometimes I have me even the trouble to understand me... ! :dunno:

daffy

Post by daffy » 12 Nov 2010 19:48

It was inevitable that it gets stuck ! :D

I managed to add another block to push the wad, I object in the editor pushable 1 and 2.
I still worry when I open the Wad with strpix I do not see that one, can not find the 2 for the change ! :cry:

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 12 Nov 2010 22:03

Put each block you want to change into a wad of it's own, open it in strpix and make the changes then put the block back into your levels wad.
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

daffy

Post by daffy » 12 Nov 2010 23:37

Yes ! :D making them 1 by 1 it will immediately much better and I managed to do what I wanted ! :)

Thank you bedazzled ! :wink:

daffy

Post by daffy » 18 Nov 2010 11:13

Hello,

I hit the last few days a lot of difficulties to be able to play against several background music during the course of my level. I'd like to move from one to the other depending on where Lara is.

I can not find an effective method to stop the music going and play the next, and trigger antitrigger do a little of what they want (and not really what I want!) I find myself with two such music who play together or not one programmed to start .... or any other trigger, so the CD stops.

If someone can give me an explanation of the correct method to use! :)

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 18 Nov 2010 11:37

Not quite upto date but a good place to start

http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/ngleaudio.htm
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

daffy

Post by daffy » 18 Nov 2010 12:22

bedazzled wrote:Not quite upto date but a good place to start

http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/ngleaudio.htm
Thank you, I'll watch the link and tried to understand ! :-P

:wink:

Bojrkraider
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Bojrkraider » 18 Nov 2010 12:56

There is a very easy solution if you want the old style of TR audio system. You just open the script, right at the top you should find a line NewSoundEngine= ENABLED, change it to DISABLED. Now you will always get only one audio track at time. But in this case, the ingame music of non-looped tracks won't play after save/load, which is the original way in TR exe. If you want to keep it in the memory after reloading and use the newsoundengine, choose: flipeffect - Sound.(CD)Play<&>CD Track on (E)channel with final restore of old track - select your audio number in Timer (Parameter) field and in (E)xtra field select Channel 1 (Background track).

This way you will also have only one audio and not more.
But for the flipeffect CD trigger you need to press One Shot button, or it will play every time, Lara cross the trigger. You will find out that sometimes your other triggers on the same tile won't work. In such cases I use a rolling ball trick that heavy triggers my flipeffect CD trigger.

daffy

Post by daffy » 18 Nov 2010 13:13

Well, my initial tests show that it works much better right away with Flipeffect, channel 1 for the bottom, channel 2 for the rest! I no longer have the problems I had before! :2thumbsup:

Thank you for the information Bojrkraider! :wink:

daffy

Post by daffy » 19 Dec 2010 02:12

Hello,

For my future level I use the wad of “Back to Basics 2008 - Peru”, In this wad there is the Horizon object which represents a mountainous landscape. But then, to my taste, it is not really nice and not too realistic.
I tried one on the web but without success.
If one manufacturer to another horizon (mountain landscape preference) to offer me for my level, I'm interested ! :)

Thank you in advance! :wink:

aktrekker

Post by aktrekker » 19 Dec 2010 10:03

daffy

Post by daffy » 19 Dec 2010 12:12

aktrekker wrote:Horizons
I am decidedly bad research, I had not seen this part of the site trsearch ! :roll:

Aktrekker thank you! :D

daffy

Post by daffy » 27 Dec 2010 18:19

Hello,

I has just returned account to me which the number of object is limited in each room :-P , my question is simple, is there a possibility to cut a two-room without losing the work already done ?

I put the question with any chance but I fear well that the answer is, not ! :cry: