TRNG / NGLE discussion thread

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

jos

Re: TRNG / NGLE discussion thread

Post by jos » 12 Feb 2012 12:33

Not much of a help but thanks anyway.
Checked if perhaps some quit commonly used background libraries are missing but on either PC the Microsoft .NET and C++ are updated in "add/remove software".

jos

Post by jos » 13 Feb 2012 20:06

Spend almost all today in hacking my computer as more and more issues are popping up in other programs too. In the end reinstalled XP over the old one (to keep recent settings upright). A big succes for Windows. Faster start and secure running of all programs. No succes for TR. Had a lot of problems installing the Nvidia card as there was no responce in resolution at all. But the DxDiag-tool showed directx not supported. Installed an update for DirectX and now I got all options back. My highest resolution is selectable again and TR is running the new versions without any problem too. No green screens anymore and a nice very fast startup.
In the end something went wrong somewhere in the system software step by step :balloon: .

Horus
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Horus » 16 Mar 2012 13:46

Hey,

I use distance fog in my level but now all transparent objects that are far away (ergo affected by the distance fog) glow brightly :(
I already use this script line:
Customize= CUST_FIX_WATER_FOG_BUG, ENABLED
And it works for the textures in the map, but not for the object textures. Is there a similar command for object textures or how do I fix this?

thanks in advance,
Nadine.

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 16 Mar 2012 15:17

CUST_FIX_WATER_FOG_BUG reduces the glow effect for both the transparent and shiny object and map-textures considerably, but it isn´t still a satisfying solution. Unfortunately you have to live with it.

sharnilal

Post by sharnilal » 21 Apr 2012 12:37

I have just installed TRLE and NGLEmk4 on my new Window7 laptop, following the instructions by Bedazzled (although I believe that the Programs (x86) directory is the 32bit one which is not what the instructions say). NGLE Center has installed to the Programs (x86) directory apparently fine, and I followed Paolone's steps during the install. I do have administrator privileges so I'm not sure if I needed to follow them exactly, but I did anyway. However, when I come to build the .tom files I am getting the following error...

***Build All Begin ***
Version:Tomb_NextGeneration.dll (v.1.2.2.6)
Current file has no Extra NG Header
Converting C:\Users\sharon.xxxxxx\Documents\trle\graphics\wads\Catacombs.tom
ERROR: Could not find C:\Users\sharon.tom

Has anyone had this error? I've checked out most of the threads but have either missed it or it's not been reported this way. I'm wondering if maybe the path is too long, perhaps? Or is there some other explanation for this issue? And how do I solve it?

***EDIT*** - It's that blasted . in my user name! Reinstalling elsewhere now...

Roli

Post by Roli » 09 Sep 2012 11:19

Hi! :)

My problem this time with the audios. I'm using both channels.
If I trigger a music "above" the background music this way Image and If I step on that triggered floor again, then the music starts again and again and again, if I step on that triggered floor. Tried with "one shot" too, no luck. :(

It is normal, or "Oops I did it again"...? XD

Edit: Titia helped me to solve the problem with Triggergroup, but thanks anyway! :)

trplayer

Post by trplayer » 25 Aug 2013 04:19

Raymond wrote:CUST_FIX_WATER_FOG_BUG reduces the glow effect for both the transparent and shiny object and map-textures considerably, but it isn´t still a satisfying solution. Unfortunately you have to live with it.
How about the sprites? The smoke and flames look pretty bad :(
————Review my level if you have played it! Review levels @ trle.net————

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 13 Mar 2014 18:07

Is it possible to have a 256x256-tiled animation range? Just realized I never knew :)

Dwight

Post by Dwight » 07 Jul 2014 23:09

Hello, y'all, I was curios if it was possible to have Lara shoot a rolling ball and have it roll off a pillar, like in the Tomb raider 4: hypostyle hall.
If a condition says it is true, and if a condition claims it is true; the condition IS true." ------ Dwight Clemons

Titak

Post by Titak » 08 Jul 2014 20:40

I don't know if there's a specific TRNG solution for this, but how about a more oldfashioned way?

Make an invisibly textured shatter object. Make it large enough so it completely encloses the rollingball, but don't make it too large (otherwise the collision of the rollingball would seem oddif Lara can run into it).
Place the rollingball and the shatter on the same tile.
Place a HEAVY-trigger for the rollingball on the same tile.
Done. :D

Shooting the shatter will trigger the rollingball to fall/roll. :D

Drawback will be that shattering the invisible shatter will also play the shatter sound.
This won't be a problem if this shatter is the only shatter in the level: make the shatter sound silent or remove its entry from the wad.

If it isn't the only shatter in the level you could trigger another sound to play, trigger for it placed on the same tile as the shatter adn the rollingball.
This sounds could be something fitting. Like when the rollingball is made of metal, the extra sound could be a ricochet-on-metal kind of sound.
If it is made of rock, a sort of hitting-stone type of sounds would fit.
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.

Dwight

Post by Dwight » 08 Jul 2014 22:22

And after the rolling ball falls off the pillar, can it trigger a flipmap, to see that it broken the floor beneath it?

EDIT: Is it possible to have a separate audio track to play when Lara dies? (Ex: Like in MoA?)
If a condition says it is true, and if a condition claims it is true; the condition IS true." ------ Dwight Clemons

Titak

Post by Titak » 09 Jul 2014 12:12

Sure, HEAVY-trigger the flipmap.
The rollingball will then activate the flipmap once it is activated. :D

I only have special audio playing with Lara's special cutscene type of deaths (dying in the lava or the blue stuff for example), not with her regular deaths.
But it is possible as far as I know.
You could try using the condition that Lara's HP is 0, then play audio.
Or you could use the conditions that Lara is performing any of her death animations, then play audio.
All in the script ofcourse, using a condition-triggergroup Globaltrigger.

Dwight

Post by Dwight » 09 Jul 2014 18:42

Oh, thank, you, Titak. Good to know it was possible :)

And about the conditions, will I have to use the condition type trigger in the room editor too? And then export whatever values it may have?

Titak

Post by Titak » 09 Jul 2014 21:51

Correct.
Stick those in a TriggerGroup= and stick the values of the other exported triggers (play audio) in anotehr TriggerGroup and then let the GT_CONDITION_GROUP GlobalTrigger activate it once the condition is true. :D

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 22 Sep 2014 01:42

I'm using NGLE 1.226, RoomEdit V50. I'm wondering if anyone has considered a way to increase the size of the room editor screen to full page? The editor on my monitor measures about 9 X 11.5 inches. If you try to extend the picture using the arrows it enlarges only a black background screen. That appears to be the extent of the options. I intend to build well into my 80's so this would be a significant help towards that end! =))
Of doggie candle fame!