builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Horus
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: TRNG / NGLE discussion thread

Post by Horus » 25 Jul 2011 18:26

Hey,

so I get the following error while trying to build the script with the NG Center:

run-time error '6':
Overflow

I used a clean script.txt and english.txt from the original editor, converted them with the tool in NG_Center to the new format and then inserted my level entries into the script and updated the strings in english.txt. As soon as I was done adding all script entries I get that error message when trying to build the script.

I am quite sure that everything is in order there. All level names and items names are in the english.txt. Well I deleted all other language files because I don't need them... but that cannnot be the issue...

Some help please? :)
Nadine.

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 25 Jul 2011 18:57

Is visual basic 6 installed? but I somehow suspect it is.
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

Horus
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Horus » 25 Jul 2011 19:11

Well I've got another copy of the whole TRNG and NG Center on my computer for another project, and the script building seems to work fine there...

EDIT: found the error, obviously, this line was making the ng center crash:

LensFlare= 1100000,24000000000,-30000,254,140,125

"24000000000" must have been too much, as soon as I deleted some zeros, the script converted fine. But the sun is in the wrong spot now :bigcry:

Horus
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Horus » 26 Jul 2011 10:48

Haha, and the next crash :laugh:

script works fine, I edited one of my smaller levels in the new ngle (erased all trep flipeffect triggers and deleted some rooms). Placed some new ng flipeffect triggers (however, Lara is on no trigger on her start position). Had it converted, but the level crashes at this point of the loading bar:
http://tinulin.de/trle/loadbar1.jpg

Here is the crash report:
http://tinulin.de/trle/Last_Crash_10.txt
(the level files that are missing there are other levels I haven't touched up for the trng yet, the level in question is called bolvangar.tr4 and is definately there)

I loaded the old non-trng version of the map in my backup trle and it works fine in its non-trng trepped version. So the normal reasons for level crashes during the loading screen can be ruled out...

However, I have no idea what the crash report is trying to tell me.... or how to fix this.

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 26 Jul 2011 11:05

Those crash reports don't mean anything to anyone except Paolone
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 26 Jul 2011 15:49

Ive no idea too. The last diagnostic message is somthing about a sample. May be this points to a sfx sample-problem.

Horus
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Horus » 26 Jul 2011 18:27

Okay, so I built a new map with the same wad and tga and built just one empty room with Lara in it, and that one still crashes when I try to load it in the trng. Must be wad-related then... any ideas? The same wad works fine with the old editor.... :?
Concerning the sounds: I don't get any error messages during converting. I also ran the NG doctor in the NG center... no errors. Weird.

EDIT: I got it now :)
Through loads of testing and trial and error I found out the source of error was a sample I once created myself. It is a rain loop that is 8 seconds long (the longest samples in TR4 are about 4 seconds) and as soon as I renamed that file and converted the level again it worked.

--> So, is it really impossible to use longer/larger sound files for loops etc?? I really liked that rain loop sound :D

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 26 Jul 2011 19:35

Not possible yet, but already on the request list. :)

Horus
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Horus » 05 Aug 2011 17:29

Okay, so I'm working on the fog in my level now - but everything I can find about fog in TRNG is about distance fog (which I don't use, I prefer fog bulbs). The flipeffect (28: OldFlip. Set the RGB color for the fog bulbs to the <&>value) just lets me choose between the old default fog colours, and there is no other flipeffect to change fog bulb colour. I tried changing the RGB fog colour values in the outlist.txt, but that doesn't change anything.
I need very specific colours for the fog in my levels, so how do I set individual fog colurs (with custom RGB values)?

Oh and another thing: in trng it still isn't possible to have both distance fog and fog bulbs in the same level at the same time, right? Just checking ;)

Thanks in advance!
Nadine.

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Matie » 05 Aug 2011 18:07

No, it's not possible to have both distance fog and fog bulbs visible at the same time, however you can switch between them with flipeffects (enable/disable Volumetric FX), so for example inside you have fog bulbs and as soon as you go outside you'll have distance fog.

You can set custom RGB values for fog colour in the script with the FOG= [Red,Geen,Blue] command.

Jawi

Post by Jawi » 05 Aug 2011 20:45

Matie, this command works only with distance fog, if i remember correctly.

I'm not 100% sure, but I have heard that it is possible. I just don't know the way.

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Matie » 05 Aug 2011 21:02

Whoops, my bad :blush: (I nearly always use distance fog nowadays, so I immediately thought about that command.)

aktrekker

Post by aktrekker » 05 Aug 2011 21:44

If I remember right it's flip effect 28, at least for the built-in colors.

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 09 Jan 2012 09:56

Hello.
I was trying to install NGLE Mk4 and I scrupulously followed the instructions in the Skribblerz page:

http://skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/ngle2/windows7tut.htm

to install the program on Windows 7, but at the very end, the C:\Program files\NG_Center folder was not created in my system, and also the NGLE.exe file doesn't appear in the trle folder.

Some hints about installing the program manually?

Thanks in advance.

aktrekker

Post by aktrekker » 10 Jan 2012 07:58

You should not be installing in Program Files. This can cause permission problems and lost files. Always install TRLE and TRNG in your Documents folder.
So I recommend you uninstall both, then reinstall them.