TRNG / NGLE discussion thread

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

eTux
Mod
Mod

TRNG / NGLE discussion thread

Post by eTux » 21 May 2010 19:58

While the more recent threads didn't reach the epic sizes of their predecessors (and they did anyway mostly due to my negligence :blush: ) I think it's a good time to close them down in a less active period.

I also saw no need to have both - a NGLE and a TRNG thread (especially, after the former had no posts for almost a year now, and since they are topically rather similar), so unless such necessity ever arrises again, you can keep the discussion going on both topics here.

You can also still find previous threads through the below links:

NGLE discussion threads: Part1 | Part2 | Part3
TRNG discussion threads: Part1 | Part2 | Part3

Also, check out Paolone's website for download links and updates.

Discuss away :)

Last post from the previous NGLE thread:
Samu wrote:I’ve been wondering how to trigger an event when some object is at certain position. To clarify what I mean here’s an example: When Lara uses a switch an object is rotated 90 degrees. A door opens after the object has been rotated 270 degrees or the switch used three times. I know this should be possible somehow because ‘Remnants of the Empire ‘ by Francesco Venco included a task which is similar to the example but contained four objects instead of one. Any help would be appreciated.

Howaito

Re: TRNG / NGLE discussion thread

Post by Howaito » 06 Jun 2010 14:08

Hi guys :wink:

Is it possible to recreate the springboard (TR2) using NGLE?
Thank you!
The Cartoon World Returns March MMX

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 06 Jun 2010 17:09

Yes, there are two possible ways. One is to trigger a special jump animation (which you have to create or ask Flex. He used one in his last level.) with a flipeffect together with the springboard (which could be twoblock platform) on the sector with the board. The other way would be to use the Lara (Physics)-flipeffects to change the jump physics.

Skyld

Post by Skyld » 24 Jun 2010 20:54

I'm trying to run Paolone's "Miscellaneous" project, in which he demonstrates things such as fragmented triggers, save crystals and moving statics. Initially, I was unable to compile the script because it was using an outdated GlobalTrigger, which took 6 arguments instead of 7. I fixed that, compiled the level, made sure everything (scripts, .tr4 files) was in the right place, but now the Tomb4 executable crashes when I select the level from the list. Given that I'm using Paolone's original script (adding an "IGNORE" field to each GlobalTrigger to make it build), I'm not really sure why it's not working.

I'm using version 1.2.2.1 of Tomb_NextGeneration.dll and version 1.2.221 of NG Center and Scripter.

Thanks in advance :)
carrot on a stick lol

tomb gamer

Post by tomb gamer » 10 Sep 2010 04:16

Yo everyone. I have been off the seen for quite awhile now. I just started building again after about 4 years, and holy crap a lot has changed. Theres NGLE, TRNG, a whole buch of new stuff you can do with the editor. Anyway I downloaded the "TRNG Mk1 Full Installer" from skribblerz, but when I try to extract/install it on my computer a message pops up saying:

"Setup fatal error: Unable to Generate installation log file."

I then hit "ok".

Then it says: "WARNING: the installation (aparently) failed. Do you want to continue anyway?"

I then hit "ok"

It then says: "Its not possible to perform this installation because the NG_Center program is missing on your computer. You should download and install the TRNG_Installer Full Setup that you find on www.trlevelmanager.net or Skribblerz website."

I then hit "ok"

Then it says: " this installation has been aborted"

I then hit "ok" and the whole process closes.
Im not really sure what to do. I was wondering if someone else could inform me on whats happening, and how to fix it. I really want to start building with all this new possibilities for the editor. any help would be appreciated. :)

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 10 Sep 2010 10:12

Try the MK2 installer from Skribblerz or Paolones site and providing it installs, download and install the latest update 1.2.2.2
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

tomb gamer

Post by tomb gamer » 10 Sep 2010 15:26

ok ill try that.

tomb gamer

Post by tomb gamer » 10 Sep 2010 16:14

hey what do ya know, it worked. thanks. appreciate the help. but...in NGLE the room spins really slow is there any way i can fix that?

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 10 Sep 2010 18:08

Use the hide objects button, but make sure you press it again to bring the objects back, before saving the prj or outputting the wad.
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

tomb gamer

Post by tomb gamer » 10 Sep 2010 19:17

ok. thanks. but i have two more questions whose answers i can not seem to find in any tutorials.

1. for some reason the audio loops for ambience in my level do not switch. for example when lara steps on the trigger for outside ambience, the default inside ambience keeps playing. im not exactly sure how to fix this.

2. anytime when i trigger a door to open the sound of it is distorted and sounds way diffrent from the sound it is supposed to be, which is the sound of the doors in the first TR1. I also deleted the pitch for the sound in the "sounds" document in the levelsfx Creator folder. yet again im not sure what to do.

edit: nvm i got it working

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 28 Oct 2010 00:06

I have serious problems trying to install TRNG.

I have a new fresh formated pc and I'm doing the usual stuff; Installing mk1 etc. (Tried both Paolones and Skribblers files)

The problem is that the installer just quits after the installation is about to start. In other words, I chose directory for the install, what group etc. then "paff" back to windows.

I have installed TRNG like 100 times before and never seen this.... I'm guessing it has something to do with my pc but I have no idea why. Fresh install and no viruses etc. Any other crucial files needed to install mk1?

Anyone else with experience of this?

Also, with a lot of work I managed to get mk1 pass that phase once but then it quit telling me I needed NG center...which it was about to install :roll:

I'm clueless... I have tried mk1, mk2, the updates... nothing works. Anyone who knows of a link to the NG center program only? Or an older TRNG version? Maybe it will work if I go that way first and install mk1, mk2 later on?

EDIT: Just tried it on another pc and it works like a charm with mk1...this is weird :|

Any help is appreciated!
Attachments
error.JPG
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

daffy

Post by daffy » 28 Oct 2010 00:25

hello QRS,

I had this kind of problem: viewtopic.php?f=78&p=541150%20#%20p541118

:wink:
Thank you for excusing the poverty of my English, sometimes I have me even the trouble to understand me... ! :dunno:

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 28 Oct 2010 00:32

DOH!! I can't believe I was that stupid...the runtimes for VB...Paolone makes his tools in Visual Basic :roll:

I always install these when installing Wadmerger, but this time I completely forgot about it!!

Thanks, Daffy! You saved me many hours of hair-ripping :lol: Works like a charm now :angel: :2thumbsup:
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

mollie

Post by mollie » 09 Nov 2010 22:28

I'm not sure if I ask a question about the trng here or if I should have made a new topic.My problem is I install the level editor and trng both in c folder. When I load a project (tut or any project) and load obj and texts trng goes right to create back up and shuts down.Ugh.Ive tried everything-clean install ,deleting all older files,etc..still same problem. :cry:
things used to be so much more simple!Anyone know what the problem is?

____
forum effect

I was using the ngle in my tomb raider level editor folder not in the trng folder.Not sure why there is a ngle in my trle folder but ...problem solved.

scratch that..I need to use the ngle in ng center...but it doesnt matter because I cant get tbuilder saved text file to show up in my maps folder or wad file from wadmerger to show up in graphics wad foldrs.Ready to just give up and practice becoming an expert player.

Isis

Post by Isis » 11 Dec 2010 10:46

scratch that..I need to use the ngle in ng center...but it doesnt matter because I cant get tbuilder saved text file to show up in my maps folder or wad file from wadmerger to show up in graphics wad foldrs.Ready to just give up and practice becoming an expert player.
Mollie, a bit late now but this sounds like the problem I was having when I first started on Vista and everything was being saved into a virtual store folder which I couldn't find. In the end I saved a file with a silly name and then did a search for that name - that's when I found the virtual store folder. I now save all my TRLE stuff in My Documents and files save in the right folders. Of course this may be something completely different to your problem, in which case - ignore me! :blush:
Friends of Felines Rescue Centre http://www.ustream.tv/ffrc