How to create a 0 click ledge, without any height?

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Anurag

How to create a 0 click ledge, without any height?

Post by Anurag » 23 Nov 2009 19:51

Hi,

I was planning to have a zero click ledge (Ref 2nd pic below to understand my requirement) in one of my levels, I tried to have 2 rooms, 1 stacked on top of another, in the top room I selected all the floor tiles except where I wanted the ledges, the door got created and I got a zero click ledge created (1st Pic at bottom, the ledge is on left wall), I textured the tile from both the rooms, now the problem is when I get on top of that ledge and move Lara on it, I can see the textures in the room below getting vanished and blacked out(Ref 3rd pic at end of this post).

Also Lara is unable to grab the ledge when she swings off from the parallel bars.

I even have an object which I can use, do you have any idea which slot should that object be in so that I can make Lara stand on it, in mid air?? And I also want Lara to grab on to its edges

Can I use the object in FLAT BRIDGE slot??

1st Pic - Zero Height ledge at design time

2nd pic - Zero height ledge in game

3rd pic - The textures get blacked out below

Any suggestions on how to achieve this would be appreciated
Learning the tricks of the trade ... Shall unleash once I am ready :)
Currently working on : VCI HQ - Unfinished Business -> 5% Done (Currently Shelved :D)
My Walkthroughs For Custom Levels

Jawi

Re: How to create a 0 click ledge, without any height?

Post by Jawi » 23 Nov 2009 20:18

Solution:
1. Create door for this part of the room that you don't want to be metal.
2. Create separate door only for the metal floor.
3. Select "metal door" in higher room and click "Toggle Opacity". Then texture it with metal texture and double sided button.
4. Select the same door in the lower room and click "Toggle Opacity" again. This time texture it with the black colour from the palette below the editor window.

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 23 Nov 2009 20:33

What Jawi said. :) You get the texture blackout because you didn't create a door where your see-through metal walkway is. Even if it weren't see-through, you should have gone for the TO option, as visibility issues of this kind tend to occur otherwise.

As regards the swingpole: This seems to be a problem with the custom animation, since Lara is otherwise perfectly able to grab 0-click ledges.

Anurag

Post by Anurag » 23 Nov 2009 21:14

Thanks Jawi and Mulf, that solved the blackening issue alright

as far as the parallel bars are concerned I guess, they can only throw Lara far off from that height and if the ledge is on the same height she can grab it or land on it safely else if the ledge is little higher than the parallel bars level she wont grab it
Learning the tricks of the trade ... Shall unleash once I am ready :)
Currently working on : VCI HQ - Unfinished Business -> 5% Done (Currently Shelved :D)
My Walkthroughs For Custom Levels