TRC chloroform setup by Tomo

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Anurag

TRC chloroform setup by Tomo

Post by Anurag » 05 Nov 2009 12:47

Update: Nvm, got it fixed, it seems the orientation of Trapdoor3 was not correct I deleted and added another trapdoor3 seems to be working fine now :D. Leaving the rest of the post as it was below.

I downloaded the tutorial (http://www.trle-hosting.net/levels/2003 ... cripts.zip) by Tomo from his Last Saga 4 level, where he explains how to set up the chloroform and unconscious guard, tight rope etc.

I tried running his PRJ, WAD and scripts, I had added extra objects required in the WAD, but still when I select new game it crashes to desktop.

So, instead I did the same setup on my level in a secluded room, now as soon as my level loads up (The room is shown to the player) Tomb4.exe hangs :(.... I am using NGLE room editor. I have made sure all the triggers and OCB codes are in place.

Anybody else who has/can tried/try this??

Awaiting expert inputs :D

Anurag

EDIT: If Lara is in any other room ie start pos of lara then the game hangs when Lara enters the room with the setup
If I delete Trapdoor3 from the setup the exe does not hang any idea?
Learning the tricks of the trade ... Shall unleash once I am ready :)
Currently working on : VCI HQ - Unfinished Business -> 5% Done (Currently Shelved :D)
My Walkthroughs For Custom Levels

Mulf

Re: TRC chloroform setup by Tomo

Post by Mulf » 05 Nov 2009 18:42

If I remember right, Tomo used a nifty trick by placing certain versions of the guards in TRAPDOOR slots. Since technically these are and will remain TRAPDOORs, they would have to be placed on horizontal portals, just like any other object in these slots. TRAPDOOR objects are known to cause crashes when placed elsewhere. :)

Anurag

Re: TRC chloroform setup by Tomo

Post by Anurag » 05 Nov 2009 19:10

Mulf wrote:If I remember right, Tomo used a nifty trick by placing certain versions of the guards in TRAPDOOR slots. Since technically these are and will remain TRAPDOORs, they would have to be placed on horizontal portals, just like any other object in these slots. TRAPDOOR objects are known to cause crashes when placed elsewhere. :)
I had placed it a little lower in the bottom room, slightly below the portal and that must have been the cause of the crash :)
Learning the tricks of the trade ... Shall unleash once I am ready :)
Currently working on : VCI HQ - Unfinished Business -> 5% Done (Currently Shelved :D)
My Walkthroughs For Custom Levels