Brad's stupid questions thread

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Fluen

Re: Brad's stupid questions thread

Post by Fluen » 05 Jul 2011 17:39

As far as I know, the rollingball doesn't have animations. It's all hardcoded.

aktrekker, when you looked in the code, what object/effect did you find to be associated with the rolling_ball sound? I ask out of simple curiousity.

aktrekker

Post by aktrekker » 06 Jul 2011 06:01

It was the ROLLINGBALL.

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 09 Jul 2011 13:33

:duh:

Skyld

Post by Skyld » 14 Jul 2011 20:11

Thank you for the insight (and sorry I took so long to get back to this thread).

By what you're saying, it sounds like it's not actually possible to get a setup like the tutorials describe.

At any rate, if anybody knows how to sort this out or can remember a level which DOES use this method successfully, I'd be eternally grateful.
carrot on a stick lol

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 16 Jul 2011 14:43

Skyld wrote:Is it possible to get a static to be affected by active lights (flares, etc) AND passive lights (room lights & object tint)? I've tried importing my statics as "moveable" in strpix, like someone suggested earlier in the thread, but it ends up ONLY being affected by active lights, and not both.
Forgot to answer this one: the answer in TRLE is no. You can either have a static with premade lights and shadows or a static which only responds to the ambient light and the active lights (flares and flames).
Only movables respond to all kinds of light. So you may have to place them in the unused movables slots (the whole row of mip-slots).

And since nobody has made an answer for TRNG, I believe the answer for this engine is also negative.

On the rollingball-subject: what exactly do you wish to achieve with the rollingball-sound?