TRNG- MK2- Requests, bugs and discussion

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

QRS
Admin
Admin

Re: TRNG- MK2- Requests, bugs and discussion

Post by QRS » 24 Jul 2009 15:26

Would it be possible to change the 8 bit way of handling the ammount of clicks up and down that is posible in a level? Right now the combined value is 255 or 256 I guess (-128 to 128)

Would be really awesome if you could build really high things like towers etc.

For the mk2 of course ;)
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

Howaito

Post by Howaito » 08 Sep 2009 13:38

I've always thought it'd be lovely if you could place many, many triggers on one spot...and also place special triggers on the same spot... ;)

I don't know if it is possible though. If only we had the source code... :anxious:
The Cartoon World Returns March MMX

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 08 Sep 2009 16:03

Oh, no problem to place many, many triggers on a spot. To make it easier you can work with a triggergroup. Stacking special triggers is not really a problem, too. I bet with you, that I find for (nearly) every situation a solution by working with Global triggers, Animcommands and other stuff.
@QRS
Anders, you to look for update 1.2.1.6. You can now add effects also to non-triggered moveables wit the help of a new flag in the AddEffect-command. So pushables and other moveables with effects are no problem anymore. :2thumbsup:

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 08 Sep 2009 23:21

Raymond: AHA! 1.2.1.6 installed yesterday but I have just checked the news briefely. Thanks for the info!!

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 09 Sep 2009 01:37

Raymond: I tried what you said with the FADD_IGNORE_STATUS but it did not work. I used it on a puzzle item you have to pry from a wall. It only works if you trigger it first and then it starts to animate as before.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Here is the whole script tag (just Peter' standard tag with the FADD_IGNORE_STATUS after the other ones:

AddEffect= 1,ADD_MIST,FADD_ROTATE_270+FADD_CONTINUE_EMIT,JOINT_SINGLE_MESH,FADD_IGNORE_STATUS,0,0,0,0,12,1,
MIST_COL_white,6

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 09 Sep 2009 15:07

There are some syntax errors! This is the right line:
AddEffect= 1,ADD_MIST,FADD_ROTATE_270+FADD_CONTINUE_EMIT+FADD_IGNORE_STATUS,JOINT_SINGLE_MESH,0,0,0,1,1,12,1,MIST_COL_white,6
Das FADD_IGNORE_STATUS war am falschen Platz und hinten hat ein Durate-Wert, so das die letzten Argumente falsch gelesen werden.

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 09 Sep 2009 15:09

Will check it out! Weird about the syntax errors as I have only added the new fadd tag to the already working mist tag :anxious:

Howaito

Post by Howaito » 10 Sep 2009 02:06

How about this?

Diagonal walls. (I know they would not be ordinary, they would be as the ones in DXtre3D)
Collision on statics when riding vehicles.
The ability to have enemy's body stay behind after death.
A meshswap for Lara's death, as seen in TR1 when a rolling ball passes over her.

eTux
Mod
Mod

Post by eTux » 10 Sep 2009 07:46

Howaito wrote:A meshswap for Lara's death, as seen in TR1 when a rolling ball passes over her.
Hey Howaito, is it an animation or a meshswap? :) Also, do you know of any videos, pictures that depict this? I just got a bit curious, as I don't remember having seen something like this before :)

As for my own future suggestions:

*) Maybe a version of PRJMerge to work with TRNG projects integrated in the actual editor itself?
*) Implementing an in-game gamma modifier like for the TR3 engine - this ought to take care of the darkness issue for players once and for all.
*) If it can't be achieved somehow already - puzzle and key items that can be used underwater.

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 10 Sep 2009 08:28

@Howaito
your third request is already available (look for CUST_KEEP_DEAD_ENEMIES) and your fourth should be achievable.
@eTUX
How does this TR3 Gamma Corrector work?
The technology for underwater puzzles and key use is available (see Animation scripting and use of animcommands). It would only need the animations to do.

eTux
Mod
Mod

Post by eTux » 10 Sep 2009 10:53

If you mean how it works from the player's end - then you enter the options - go to Lara's sunglasses and set the gamma settings to a desired level in scale from 1 to 10, with 3 being default in TR3.

If you mean how it works from the engine's side - i.e. what exactly it is doing - then I suggest either trying TR3 or one of the TR3 custom levels to experiment with it a little, as I don't think I have the knowledge to give a well rounded, accurate technical description :)

And good to know about the underwater puzzles/keys, will keep that in mind :2thumbsup:

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 10 Sep 2009 16:24

I wanted it to know from the players end to be able to explain it to Paolone. He`ll get to know the internal workings hopefully.
Thanks, Elvis!

Howaito

Post by Howaito » 11 Sep 2009 02:20

@eTux; it is a meshswap which can be seen for a splitsecond in game, and also by opening the WAD in StrPix I assume you can see the different, "dead Lara" textures. Maybe the request is a little morbid! I was just thinking of realism.

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 14 Sep 2009 02:40

Raymond: The good thing is that after your fix of the syntax error in my script tag, it works!!

The bad thing: I can't find any way to antitrigger the effect. Right now the effect will stay after the object is picked up. Is there any way of antitrigger it to normal again? Maybe in the script that is not too complicated? :blush:

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 14 Sep 2009 16:30

I know the bad thing. I brought it already to the attention of Paolone! :)