TRNG- MK2- Requests, bugs and discussion

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

QRS
Admin
Admin

TRNG- MK2- Requests, bugs and discussion

Post by QRS » 02 May 2009 20:57

Just posting this thread as a sticky "notepad" for people like me who once in a while gets an idea for future suggestions, improvements or any other ideas concerning the MK2 version of TRNG.

NOTE: Keep posting as usual in the standard TRNG thread. This is ONLY for the future MK2 development. In other words, things that should not be implemented now as Paolone is working to fix bugs and make a more stable MK1 version at the moment!

When Paolone has time and wants to, he can browse this thread if he wants ideas for improvements. Right now it is only a "notepad" for anyone with ideas!

So.. ideas of any kind...fire away!!
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

QRS
Admin
Admin

Re: TRNG- MK2- Requests, bugs and discussion

Post by QRS » 02 May 2009 20:58

My first requests:

*Would it be posible to fix the hardcoded bug that you can't save during the oil part in the elemental puzzle? Right now the oil disappears if you save reload!

*I would love a feature that makes you able to CTRL click and highlight different parts in (example) a floor and then do things like, raising them, teturing them etc. Is that posible?

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 02 May 2009 21:29

I would like to be able to change the colour of the text displayed in the inventory ect. Also the bug fixed which prevents you from having a pickup trigger an event if it's placed in an outside room with rain enabled fixed.
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

sapper

Post by sapper » 03 May 2009 05:54

Condition trigger Lara is holding any weapon.
Condition trigger Lara is facing a certain direction.

Flipeffect trigger Holster weapons

ENV_POS_STRIPS in quarters or fifths.

A way to make enemies or animatings that don't trigger heavy triggers, trigger heavy triggers.

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 03 May 2009 10:43

@sapper
Condition trigger Lara is holding any weapon:is already present (Lara. (Holds) Lara is holding/driving the <#>item)
Condition trigger Lara is facing a certain direction:added to skribblerz request list
Flipeffect trigger Holster weapons:added
ENV_POS_STRIPS in quarters or fifths: What should be the sense/use of this?
A way to make enemies or animatings that don't trigger heavy triggers, trigger heavy triggers: You can do this already with the help of the Moveable.Move-flipeffect in the Parameter script command (just set distance to 1, speed to 1 and set the flag FMOV_HEAVY_ALL).

@bedazzled
text colour added, pickup trigger added to mk1

@QRS
requests added

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 03 May 2009 13:18

I would like to be able to export triggers for fixed cameras and camera targets, I've used a workaround in my level but it would be nice to just export the triggers.

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 03 May 2009 14:33

It´s already available. Look always to the action.trigger-triggers, if you want to export some old triggers. Here you also find: Trigger. (Camera) Activate <#>Camera or fixed camera with (E)Timer value and Trigger. (Target) Set <#>Moveable as Target for camera or fixed camera.

sapper

Post by sapper » 04 May 2009 05:40

Raymond wrote: Condition trigger Lara is holding any weapon:is already present (Lara. (Holds) Lara is holding/driving the <#>item)
If you write a condition trigger to test whether Lara is holding any weapon at the moment you have to test for every possible weapon and link them all with tgroup_or. I want a Lara holding any weapon in the drop down list like you have for Lara holds any torch.
Raymond wrote: ENV_POS_STRIPS in quarters or fifths: What should be the sense/use of this?
So Lara is closer to walls. Thirds aren't close enough.
Raymond wrote: A way to make enemies or animatings that don't trigger heavy triggers, trigger heavy triggers: You can do this already with the help of the Moveable.Move-flipeffect in the Parameter script command (just set distance to 1, speed to 1 and set the flag FMOV_HEAVY_ALL).
Doesn't moving things not a multiple of a click mess up the engine?
Still, thought it would be handy to have an animating trigger something by itself but not in an animcommand.

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 04 May 2009 09:18

1. Ok, I understand. Will be on the list!
2. There are environemental conditions on the list, which test the distance to walls/blocks!
3. You are right. Paolone suggests in the reference multiples of clicks to avoid problems. In my tests I had no probs, but I´ll ask him.
And what´s the problem of using animcommands for animatings? Works like a charm and it´s an easy way to do it!

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 04 May 2009 11:33

Raymond wrote:And what´s the problem of using animcommands for animatings? Works like a charm and it´s an easy way to do it!
Well it's a work around which requires the builder to have more knowledge of scripting, much easier if the animating would activate triggers directly. Not everyone has the intelligence or inclination to get into a lot of NG scriptingm, what's needed is ease of use after all we have moved on from the days of using MS-DOS. :)

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 04 May 2009 17:55

More old engine bugs and glitches that I have been thinking about while testing my levels. It would be nice to if they could be fixed in the future:

*Lara gets stuck on ladders and sometimes "teleports" from on side to the other. Hard to describe but I'm sure most players know what I mean here.

*Lara just refuse to climb up on ladders. It happens very rarely and I have no idea why...

*Climbing up from water with a room just under and a one click ledge above it will cause Lara to be back in the water again. (Can of course be worked around but it still would be nice to get rid of this!)

*Ropes that are not antitriggered can be seen from a long distance away.

sapper

Post by sapper » 05 May 2009 07:03

QRS wrote: *Climbing up from water with a room just under and a one click ledge above it will cause Lara to be back in the water again. (Can of course be worked around but it still would be nice to get rid of this!)
If you do this with diagnostics enabled you can see what the engine does wrong. It calculates Lara's x,y,z position at the start of the anim as normal but calculates the wrong room. The engine then corrects Lara's x,y,z co-ords so thay are valid for the room it calculated which means Lara is moved to the wrong room.

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 05 May 2009 15:58

@Anders
Never noticed this rope thingie. Ok, Paolone needs a project to check such stuff. So if you have something or build an example project, give it to me and your points go on the list.

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 05 May 2009 16:40

Raymond:

There is no need for that now. As long as the ideas are in this thread so we don't forget them they can be tested later on. I don't plan to bother Paolone about it or direct him to this thread until a stable MK1 is released. (Besides, I don't dare do any side projects now while testing! Had enough troubles with the castle level interfering with E&B lol!)

Much better to do that and provide projects when Paolone has time for it and it is fresh so to speak. Right now this thread is just what it is. Suggestions, ideas and requests bugs etc. The point is that they are documented! They can be dealt with later on! A huge brainstorm thread so to speak. (And if you decide to pick out things that you see fit for the mk2 thread at skribblerz, feel free to do that of course :2thumbsup: ) The important thing is that NOTHING gets filtered in this thread or is forgotten!

When it comes to the ropes it is a common "bug" (?) that they are ugly and visible over the whole map if you don't antitrigger them! If you want to test it yourself, just put a few ropes in a level and see how it looks far away!

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 11 May 2009 14:11

*A look into the bug that sometimes pushing a block stops working and the player gets stuck (not TRNG related)

I first noticed this in an old Luis Martins level. Since then I have only seen it in a handlful levels. It all seems to happen at random and not very often. It did happen yesterday in one my own levels though...and it has never happened there before!