builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

QRS
Admin
Admin

Re: TRNG discussion/bug thread 2

Post by QRS » 03 Sep 2009 21:17

A bit confused here...

Here how it is for me and feel free to say what I should change to make it work and where :D

*I load a project as usual (standard way not an autosave)

*After building a few minutes I want to try it out! I then use the exit and play (play has been buggy and I did not like it!)

*It then saves into the autosave NOT the ordinary project!

*When starting the editor again, I can't load the autosave cause it is deleted! And here is the problem! And my work is deleted, as it is saved into the autosave NOT the standard project file! Thus making the exit and play features useless at the moment! At least with these settings.

And I don't see how I can fix that, as regardless of what project I load I need to load the autosave project as the changes are made to that project nowhere else!
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 03 Sep 2009 21:25

Seems like the play buttons works as usual, so I can use that until this is fixed. Really love the autosave and the feature. Especially while working on one single project :2thumbsup:

I still wonder why this feature has been deleted in this version. A bug? Planning to have only the "play" button? No idea.

I mailed Paolone about it to hear his point of view on this. I would really like to have the feature as it was before...no changes for this.

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 03 Sep 2009 21:49

No, it´s also always saving with the name of the project for both Play/Exit&Play (I have checked it.). So the Load last project-option is always available to use (cross it in the settings). I also found the Delete autosave.prj option in the settings and now I don´t need to click the Load autosave-message away! 8)
So to answer your question, I always automatically load the last project with the start of the editor!
So what do you have crossed in your settings?

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 03 Sep 2009 23:24

I actually knew about the deletion of the autosave in the settings but I have never used it hehe because I want it there!! :lol:

Will check the last project you describe and see if that works instead.

Other than that I can only say that you are wrong about the autosave if you do what I describe. I just tried it again and followed my old procedure: Nothing is changed in the real project, only in the autosave project which is deleted. (I have not checked anything in the settings and it has always been like that for me)

Will try to change the settings as you describe to make it as close to what I'm used to as posible ;)

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 03 Sep 2009 23:34

There is more to this than I first though...first the good news!

After changing to load last project, it works like a charm. It does save to the real project and it is very handy to get it up and running at the start! Works also with the exit&play!

But...there is a bug somewhere as ig I change back to the default settings, it does NOT save to anything else than the autosave and when it is deleted your work is lost. I have tried that like 10 times now, and for me it has always been so with the exit and play. There is not problem with that as long as the autosave does not get deleted! And it should not do that if that option is not checked in the settings. I think that is the bug.

In any case, will see what Paolone says about it. Meanwhile, your suggestions works perfect :2thumbsup:

justin

Post by justin » 04 Sep 2009 14:50

I hope this is the right place to post this question, I've never encountered any NGLE issues before. My fog bulbs are no longer working in my levels since installing the latest NGLE (after getting a new computer). The distance fogs works just fine in other levels, and the fog bulbs worked on my last computer with the older NGLE. Is this a known issue?

Dark Skies loom...

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 04 Sep 2009 15:15

Do you mean distant fog or the other fog? If it is the distant fog, you need new script tags to make it work in the script as much have been done with the fog during the last versions.

No idea bout the ordinary fog though.

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 04 Sep 2009 15:59

No, fog bulbs should work correctly. Which had been your previous update and which is your current? Have you newly built your scripts after the last update? Always do this after an update!

justin

Post by justin » 04 Sep 2009 16:49

I can't remember the old version I had (it was from like 2007 or something). What happened was, as I am all too familiar with, my computer crashed, I sat around for a while, got a new computer and redownloaded NGLE, TRNG and NG_Center. I've modified the scripts several times since installing everything, and noticed that the Fog Bulbs no longer work in any of the levels.

Also, despite my long involvement with level editing, I never realized that Fog Bulbs don't work with Distance Fog until a few months ago. I also never realized that Fog Bulbs need flip effect triggers to work after reloading levels (this is why my Marshlands level has this problem). 8 years of level editing and I didn't know about these basics :lol:
Dark Skies loom...

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 04 Sep 2009 17:27

So do you have VolFX enabled in your Fog Bulb-levels!?
It´s still important to know, which update do you use (version number)!?
Do you have also the problem in a completely new test level?

justin

Post by justin » 04 Sep 2009 18:36

Yeah I have the FX on, I also tried using the flip effect for the force FX on, and the script command just in case. I'm using 1.2.0.7. I haven't tried the fog in any newly created levels.
Dark Skies loom...

Raymond
Mod
Mod

Post by Raymond » 04 Sep 2009 21:30

I would update to the last one (1.2.1.5) in any case. There had been some issues around fog in between, which are solved.
First do the update and if it still shouldn´t work, then you should perform some more tests.

justin

Post by justin » 04 Sep 2009 21:57

Will do, thanks :)
Dark Skies loom...

Howaito

Post by Howaito » 12 Sep 2009 09:19

First of all, great work on TRNG ;)

I downloaded the project to showcase the camera abilities in Karnak, yet many of the triggers crash the exe. A shame because it would be nice to use 'em. Is it the executable?
I'm using tomb4.exe, size 766kb, gotten from the trngmk1 installer!

Any help would be appreciated...

Edit: actually, ignore this. I fixed it. Let's not dwell on my stupidity!
The Cartoon World Returns March MMX

eTux
Mod
Mod

Post by eTux » 12 Sep 2009 10:13

On that note, let's call it quits in this thread and move on to the next one :D