Triggering off of Wraith2

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Daoine Sidhe

Post by Daoine Sidhe » 20 Sep 2008 17:56

I have used a lot of time to analyze the city project, and there a no triggers that will activate flipmap 2 by Lara - the wraith cannot activate a heavy trigger either.

I think, wraith2 activates automatically flipmap No: 2, when it comes in contact with a water room - it's hardcoded for sure.
Victory needs no explanation, Defeat allows none.

Patricia

Post by Patricia » 23 Sep 2008 14:20

Sorry i mistyped, there is no need for a trigger but the wraith alone does not activate the flipmap. At least it did not work like this for me. I would let the wraith enter the room first, "die" in the water room and nothing would happen - but when Lara would reach the room linked to flipmap 2 it would immediately activate the flipmap. Then i did the opposite and have lara reach the room way before the wraith, with the same result: the flipmap would work immediately when Lara jumps in the water before the wraith. . So wraith 2 with OCB 2 is the "condition" that will make Lara activate the flipmap. It is like the wraith would act like a trigger.
By the Rivers of Babylon - building the Summer Palace Ruins

piega

Post by piega » 23 Sep 2008 16:19

Perhpas I am still right and is the locust also needed?

Edit: Could not be at rest without trying myself. Locust is not needed :)
Last edited by piega on 23 Sep 2008 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 23 Sep 2008 17:55

I doubt it. With the lasersight it's possible to shoot only the blue ball and leave the pot with the locusts alone so they never get triggered.

And the setup with wraith2 is a hardcoded thing. Amber Light investigated into that because Aza was going crazy from trying to figure it out. There is no trigger for flipmap 2, but only for flipmap 3 in the city-project.

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 24 Sep 2008 00:27

Can it be like the senet puzzle? Trapdoors and raising blocks are triggered without triggers based on the specific rooms? (Hard coded of course)

Or like the snake/pentagram/flame puzzle where only a raising1 is triggered when the puzzle is solved? (Seems to work in every room though)
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

Patricia

Post by Patricia » 24 Sep 2008 10:21

You need no trigger for flipmap 2 - i sware i tried a dozen times at least! What happens is when Wraith2 (ocb2) is triggered, then Flipmap 2 will be "ON" next time Lara reaches the room (even though the wraith has not reached the room). This is what occured in my tests.

Test 1: Lara runs around and jumps over the water pool, everything's OK. Then she activates a trigger for Wraith2 and gos back to the pool. The wraith enters the room first (Lara stands aside) and dies in the pool. Still nothing happens. Then Lara jumps into the Pool and the flipmap is ON (if you made it with icy texture your water will "turn" into ice).

Test 2: Lara runs around and jumps over the pool, nothing happens, that is fine. Then she triggers the wraith 2 and runs like mad to the pool, jumps into it, the flipmap is on immediately. And the wraith still has no reached the area and is far away from it.

By the Rivers of Babylon - building the Summer Palace Ruins

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 02 Oct 2008 18:09

QRS wrote:Or like the snake/pentagram/flame puzzle where only a raising1 is triggered when the puzzle is solved? (Seems to work in every room though)
This is just to avoid future misunderstandings. Both kinds of raising blocks work with this puzzle - if they have an OCB = 1. And it only works once.

You use 7 (seven) flame_emitter1's. Give them an OCB = 1-7 (one value for each) and place them whereever you want. They can still burn Lara!

As mentioned the raising blocks must have an OCB = 1 if you want them to work with this puzzle. This will also cause a small tremble when they raise or lower, but makes no sound. You can place them whereever you want too as this puzzle affects the entire level.

When all the seven flames are lit the raising blocks will react depending on their current state. Those that are lowered will raise and those that are raised will lower.

Yes, yes, I know I'm off topic... :hammer:

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 02 Oct 2008 20:33

This will also cause a small tremble when they raise or lower, but makes no sound.
Actually if you have the rumble_nextdoor sound enabled then it plays that. It's extremely obnoxious though and that might be why Core never used that sound. :?

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 04 Oct 2008 14:53

Thank you for that piece of information, Jesse. That is something I can really use - with another sound, that is. In one level I made copies of rooms and used cameras and earthquakes to make it appears as the blocks rumbled when they were lowered, but this might be much better.

You are right. It's a dreadfull sound. I think it originates from TR3 London. Lara drains and floods some tanks in an industrial facility and when she does that sound or one very like it plays.