poisonous scorpions

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Daoine Sidhe

Post by Daoine Sidhe » 13 Sep 2006 04:02

The harpy can poisons too, but an enemy in harpy-slot can fly.
A flying snake...
Victory needs no explanation, Defeat allows none.

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 19 Sep 2006 19:37

Pyuaumch wrote: To fix it, you can download updated patch set module. There you can either remove poisoned attack from darts completely, or force darts to be REALLY poisoned, like in TR3 ;) .
:) Thank You, You're just too wonderful. From there on, now we can have Lara poisoned whenever we want to. ('invisible' darts (one) with no sound)

Daoine Sidhe wrote:The harpy can poisons too, but an enemy in harpy-slot can fly.
A flying snake...
Aha, I never knew since they never came close enough to do so - Lara would not let them. Now I tried it out and had Lara poisoned.
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

trplayer

Post by trplayer » 19 Sep 2006 21:57

Yeah, hey... I thought the black little ones poisioned Lara? :?

Humpf.. so much for what I know :(

I'd just find a black one and check him out... see what he's got that the rest don't ;)

Jon
————Review my level if you have played it! Review levels @ trle.net————

tomb gamer

Post by tomb gamer » 20 Sep 2006 00:12

even the blak ones don't poison lara. :(

TimJ

Post by TimJ » 20 Sep 2006 01:01

I don't remember if little scorpion can poison Lara in the Last Revelation. But I remember being poisoned by a little scorpion in TRLE. Maybe it was a little scorpion in big scorpion slot. :)

tomb gamer

Post by tomb gamer » 20 Sep 2006 02:18

i would do that but it takes for ever to kill and besides i am already using that slot for something else. but thankks for the thought.

Bogey

Post by Bogey » 21 Sep 2006 20:51

If I remember it correctly, the small scorpions in the Karnak level of TRLR were venomous, but not the scorpions in the corresponding TRLE level. I don't know whether that is because of differences between the game engines or between the scorpions, though.

tomb gamer

Post by tomb gamer » 21 Sep 2006 23:33

you are correct :) . but why would core design do this to us :?

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 23 Sep 2006 13:46

I believe the small red scorpions are poisonous. I used them in my own level and to my surprise got a poisoned Lara. It also happened in the Playable Tutorial Level. But after reading this thread I tried the the black scorpion - and you are right. It isn't poisonous.

Daoine Sidhe

Post by Daoine Sidhe » 25 Sep 2006 15:30

There are red and black small scorpions. The red one only appears in level settomb1, and the black one appears in karnak1, joby4a, joby4c, lake and alexhub.
No one of them has the animation to poison Lara. It's probably the state id 7.
Big scorpion and small scorpion uses the same state id:

1 wait
2 walk
3 run
4 attack with claws
5 attack with tail
6 die
7 attack with tail if Lara is catched
8 I really don't know

State id 7 and 8 are not used by small scorpion.
Victory needs no explanation, Defeat allows none.

ggctuk

Post by ggctuk » 09 Oct 2006 10:42

TRWad created the snakes in the Big Scorpion slot because they were too big for the small scorpion slot anyway.
They both work the way they were supposed to in this slot.
"Which is the real me...?"

ggctuk

Post by ggctuk » 09 Oct 2006 15:09

Bogey wrote:If I remember it correctly, the small scorpions in the Karnak level of TRLR were venomous, but not the scorpions in the corresponding TRLE level. I don't know whether that is because of differences between the game engines or between the scorpions, though.
The Black scorpion possesses a different StateID for its stinger attack than the red one.

tomb gamer

Post by tomb gamer » 09 Oct 2006 22:12

for first post: True, but my snake is smaller and it hurts lara. it just does not poison her.
second: I will check on that.

I also have another question I a bringing back a special enemy back from tomb raider 1 for the same game. I have it in the big scorpion slot. I am positive that all of the animations are in the right spots but hte enemy just stands there when it is triggered. I have a feeling it has to do with the STATE CHANGE EDITOR in WADMERGER but i do not how to use it. does anybody know how to use it or what it is for. :)

ggctuk

Post by ggctuk » 12 Oct 2006 10:40

tomb gamer wrote:I a bringing back a special enemy back from tomb raider 1 for the same game. I have it in the big scorpion slot. I am positive that all of the animations are in the right spots but hte enemy just stands there when it is triggered. I have a feeling it has to do with the STATE CHANGE EDITOR in WADMERGER but i do not how to use it. does anybody know how to use it or what it is for. :)
I suppose it depends on what enemy you are using. I have tried getting Centaur to work in Demigod3 Slot and he just fires out of his mouth. :lol:

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 12 Oct 2006 21:30

tomb gamer wrote:I have a feeling it has to do with the STATE CHANGE EDITOR in WADMERGER but i do not how to use it. does anybody know how to use it or what it is for. :)
First off, a stateID is telling the game what the object is doing. A stateID change occurs when the game engine detects a change and sends a new stateID that interrupts the animation that the object is currently in. For example, if the player lets go of foward while running with Lara, the game calls for stateID 2 (which is found in the state change editor for Lara's running animation) and Lara halts to a stop occordingly.

The columns are like this:

stateID: the new stateID the object will use to go to a new animation.
lowframe and high frame: these set the parameter for when the stateID can change place. lowframe is the lowest frame it can happen and highframe is the highest frame. Multiple parameters can be set for the same stateID so that different animations can be used, for example Lara stopping on her left foot as opposed to on her right foot.
next animation: what animation will the object go to because of this?
next frame: what frame in the next animation will the object go to?

You cannot create your own stateID changes however. You must work with the existing ones. For example with Lara you cannot go from 2 to 11 (standing to mid-air grab) but you can go from 3 to 11 (foward jump to mid-air grab).

I would suggest researching the original enemy to find out what stateID changes it uses.