Changing Lara's outfit

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Lara Croft Baby

Changing Lara's outfit

Post by Lara Croft Baby » 06 Jun 2006 23:53

I have asked every one i can think of who could help me and they wont answer me ive read the maual and i didnt see any thing in there that would help me can some one PLEASE!!!! HELP ME i want to change lara's outfit in the game how do i change it??

Tony Tomb
Mod
Mod

Post by Tony Tomb » 07 Jun 2006 00:55

You need to add a new Lara object to your wad using wadmerger for instance. A tool which you will need to learn how to use.

If you are new to this, and level building in general, I suggest you worry less about how Lara looks, and concentrate on learning the basics first. :wink:

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 07 Jun 2006 01:10

just in case : You can not change Lara's outfit in downloaded levels, only in Levels You build.

If it is about importing an outfit into the level You build, I think that is so easy, one may do so even as a beginner.
At www.trsearch.org, choose an outfit that has been reviewed already, and where those reviews say "no bugs found", then follow the link that is shown under each outfit over there that reads "Installing Custom Outfits (Tutorial)". That tutorial explains it really easy (don't try the one in spanish language though :lol: ) - only thing it does not tell : backup Your trle-folder before installing a new outfit, just in case.

If this is about creating a custom outfit yourself : that's hell. LOT of work with many different programs, each of wich will require loooong time to learn the usage of. That's just an amateur's impression.
(for a small glimpse of how many work involved You can have a look at another tutorial at trsearch.org. It is about how to apply textures to Lara's face in Photoshop, written by Jackie Wu/ Geckokid.)

For me personally, installing PoYu's NewStyleAdventurer outfit raised my motivation to deal with the trle.
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

Lara Croft Baby

Post by Lara Croft Baby » 07 Jun 2006 01:37

ok i did every thing i was suppose i guess but when i play the game the outfit is the same it wont change to the one i want

Magnus
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Magnus » 07 Jun 2006 01:39

Then I don't understand how you can think that you did everything you needed to do - obviously you didn't.

After you've modified a wad, remember to save it and convert the level.

Lara Croft Baby

Post by Lara Croft Baby » 07 Jun 2006 01:46

Magnus wrote:Then I don't understand how you can think that you did everything you needed to do - obviously you didn't.

After you've modified a wad, remember to save it and convert the level.
i did that

if some one can walk me though what i need to do then ill know if i missed some thing or its the level edior thingy or its the outfit

Lara Croft Baby

Post by Lara Croft Baby » 07 Jun 2006 03:07

can some one please help me

Lara Croft Baby

Post by Lara Croft Baby » 07 Jun 2006 04:57

YAY!!! My friend figured it out and she helped me do mine So you guys dont need to help me no more