builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

qpwoei25

Post by qpwoei25 » 11 May 2006 12:30

Thats not the problem it's just saving the script

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 11 May 2006 18:33

Ouch! This is going to be nasty.

I just spend 12 hours in the weekend making my first mirror work. Sheer hell. I am the kind who carefully follows the manual and yet the silly thing did not work.

To add to my problems, it worked once - right before bedtime - and did not work the next day. I did everything possible: moved the level around in the editor to get a fresh x-coordinate to enter in the script, and removed doors in the mirrored room, since another manual says there can be only one door into the mirrored room (but if that is correct, then how did the secret door in Sacred Lake then work?).

The only thing that worked, was to delete the mirrored room completely, delete the mirror-command in the script. Make a new output of the script and start from scratch again. Then my mirror worked.

I am afraid, that is the only advice, I can give. If you are certain, you have done everything correctly, and the mirror doesn't work, delete the rooms involved and the mirror-command in the script, output the cleaned script and start over again.

trplayer

Post by trplayer » 11 May 2006 22:47

Fluen wrote:...since another manual says there can be only one door into the mirrored room (but if that is correct, then how did the secret door in Sacred Lake then work?).
That manual is clearly wrong! Think about it, you need one door to the reflection room, and one door for Lara to enter (minimun)! Also, I've made a mirror room with 3 doors (counting the one for reflection) and have had no problems.

Jon
————Review my level if you have played it! Review levels @ trle.net————

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 11 May 2006 23:38

Fluen wrote:...since another manual says there can be only one door into the mirrored room (but if that is correct, then how did the secret door in Sacred Lake then work?).
Maybe that other manual was about only one door per each connected room ?
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 11 May 2006 23:55

The number of doors in either the mirror room or the mirrored room is utterly irrelevant.