Problem with starting Level Editor

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Anurag

Post by Anurag » 09 Mar 2004 22:55

There is a problem with my copy of TRLE, whenever I start Winroomedit.exe it says Winroomedit has caused an error in Winroomedit.exe if you continue to get such messages yhen restart.<br>I work on Ms windows Me OS based system<p>
Learning the tricks of the trade ... Shall unleash once I am ready :)
Currently working on : VCI HQ - Unfinished Business -> 5% Done (Currently Shelved :D)
My Walkthroughs For Custom Levels

anya marie mcdonald

Post by anya marie mcdonald » 10 Mar 2004 07:49

uninstall the program, then shut down your <br>system completely count to 30 the reboot, <br>then go into the registry by pulling and look in these two sections of the registry <br>only;<p>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software<p>and <p>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software<p>and see if there is a listing for core <br>design. if there is then delete the listing<br>(don't worry so long as you only go into the <br>two sections i mentioned and do as i have <br>instructed you will be ok), close the <br>registry out then shut down for 30 seconds <br>then reboot again, defrag the drive you <br>installed to origonally, then reinstall the <br>program.
anya
what's ment to be will allways find a way

Anurag

Post by Anurag » 10 Mar 2004 11:14

I haven't installed the program but downloaded the compressed version from <p>http://www.trlevelmanager.it/download<p>along with the level manager.<p>So I can just delete it & cannot uninstall it. As there is no file named uninstall.exe & there is not any option in Add remove programs<p>EDIT<p>------------------------------------<p>there is a registry under the core design along with other tomb raider games. I must only the one of TRLE or the core design.<p>Its like the screen flickers for sometime & after that the error message. Although i can convert the .tom files, but can't create one of mine. I have followed every instruction of installation from the site I downloaded TRLE.<p>
Currently working on : VCI HQ - Unfinished Business -> 5% Done (Currently Shelved :D)

Magnus
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Magnus » 10 Mar 2004 16:05

Next time you have a problem, please just post your question in one thread. :wink:

anya marie mcdonald

Post by anya marie mcdonald » 10 Mar 2004 19:36

Quote: Anurag ( 11:14 am on Mar. 10, 2004 )<p>I haven't installed the program but downloaded the compressed version from <p>http://www.trlevelmanager.it/download<p>along with the level manager.<p>So I can just delete it & cannot uninstall it. As there is no file named uninstall.exe & there is not any option in Add remove programs<p>Will your tip work
<p><br>go into your control pannel and open the <br>add/remove programs and see if it id listed <br>there if it is then you can remove it from <br>there then follow the other direction i gave <br>you. if it is not then just delete the program.<p>one more thing trle needs to have a registry <br>entry or it wont run, i make copies of the <br>trle and then creat games from the fanlevels <br>i download so i won't have to make backup of <br>the files the fanlevels replace all the time <br>and trle has to be installed on the system <br>or the 100 cd's i have with fan games on <br>them wont run. so if you just downloaded it <br>then and tried to run it then you might try <br>looking for tr-chronicles and buy it it <br>comes with trle. if you cannot find it where <br>you liove e-mail me and i will help you find <br>it.
anya
what's ment to be will allways find a way

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 10 Mar 2004 20:03

Have you followed the install instructions which are on the site you downloaded it from exactly ?.<br>
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

Anurag

Post by Anurag » 11 Mar 2004 10:42

Anya,<p>I am mailing you the screen image which I get when the error occurs. Maybe it will help you to help me.

Anurag

Post by Anurag » 23 Jun 2004 04:06

thanks all of you guys for helping me out, & esp thanks to Turbo Pascal, it was due to his advice that I changed my display settings from 24bits to 16bits & everything works fine for me.