Tomb Editor, How do I change texture triangle? and how do I change background music?

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Adngel

Tomb Editor, How do I change texture triangle? and how do I change background music?

Post by Adngel » 19 Dec 2019 11:25

Hi there, I'm using the Tomb Editor but I've got a couple of questions.

First is about the texture selection, in Tomb Editor you can modify the selection quad, but inside, there is a red triangle which dictates the starting direction and the triangle which will be drawn in the triangles blocks. How do I change that red triangle selection? Is there any shortcut for it?

Usually I am finding myself struggling with the mouse and clicks around the texture till can select the red triangle part that I want, but there must be a more direct way. Although I don´t know how :(

My other question is about the background music, I remember that originally, if I choose any of the tracks 98-112, that song would be repeated as background music (when other music plays, the bg music gets interrupted, and then re-started when the "eventual music" finishes)

I would like to know if now, with the new features, Is it possible to put any other song lower than 98 as a background music?

I am finding these issues working in the BtB level, but because they are some generic doubts, I though in ask them better here in the public zone.

Mulf

Re: Tomb Editor, How do I change texture triangle? and how do I change background music?

Post by Mulf » 19 Dec 2019 11:48

Adngel wrote:
19 Dec 2019 11:25
First is about the texture selection, in Tomb Editor you can modify the selection quad, but inside, there is a red triangle which dictates the starting direction and the triangle which will be drawn in the triangles blocks. How do I change that red triangle selection? Is there any shortcut for it?
Yes there is, and it's the same it's always been, namely the key immediately below ESC (~ I believe, on US-style keyboards). :)
Adngel wrote:
I would like to know if now, with the new features, Is it possible to put any other song lower than 98 as a background music?
Yes again...I seem to recall at any rate. I haven't actually bothered with music so far. Somebody else chime in?

Adngel

Re: Tomb Editor, How do I change texture triangle? and how do I change background music?

Post by Adngel » 19 Dec 2019 11:54

Mulf wrote:
19 Dec 2019 11:48

Yes there is, and it's the same it's always been, namely the key immediately below ESC (~ I believe, on US-style keyboards). :)
I see, it works (in the Spanish keyboard is the "-" key), hopefully will get easier to chose triangles now, thanks :D

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 20 Dec 2019 23:12

Adngel wrote:
As long as you are using TRNG, you should be able to use an audio flipeffect to trigger looping audio. Outside of that, I do not think it is possible.

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 29 Jun 2020 18:36

Or you could switch the audio track you want to use into a slot with a higher number, so it automatically loops when triggered. If you use the standard bunch of audio tracks for the editor, there is a least one empty slot (if you haven't used it already) - 105 or 106, I think.

If it's going the be the standard background audio for your level, you can use the number in the script for the level. Then it doesn't have to have a number higher that 98.

Just be aware, that as a player, it can drive one crazy to hear the same theme over and over again. Even beautiful music gets annoying, when you have to listen to it for several hours, while you work your way through a level.